Hothead Games is looking for UI artists! Let's create the world’s best mobile FPS together! This position is ideal for a dedicated, self-starting, and energetic person who is passionate about mobile games and excels when working in a creative, collaborative and fun environment.
Hothead Games is 200 people that make free-to-play mobile games. We are one of the world’s top publishers in the first person shooter genre. We have offices in Vancouver, British Columbia and Halifax, Nova Scotia. We move fast, we do amazing work and we have a lot of fun doing it.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Creation of UI screens and screen flows including screen layouts, buttons, icons and banners.
- Creation of 2D animations for screen transitions, particles, and sprites.
- Create concepts for in-game assets with the direction and collaboration of the lead artist and designers.
- Work with other team members to evolve/improve the process of creating and integrating art.
- Collaborate with designers.
- Provide appropriate feedback to improve the creative process and seek feedback from peers.
- Provide assets for Marketing.
- Please submit a digital portfolio and resume.
- 2+ years of industry experience with multiple shipped titles; mobile development preferred.
- Experience with designing user flows, creating 2D assets and animations.
- Thorough knowledge of 2D art creation/manipulation packages, including but not limited to Photoshop.
- Thorough knowledge of presentation packages, including but not limited to After Effects.
- Strong inter-personal skills and an ability to work in a collaborative team environment.
- Ability to generate and manipulate 3D assets in Maya.
- Technical knowledge of 3D art asset implementation.
- Thorough knowledge and proficiency with Maya.
- Experience with creating both 3D and 2D environments.
- Environmental modeling and 2D art creation for environmental sprites.
- Strong conceptual skills including interface, character, prop and environment design