Capcom Vancouver is growing! We have 3 projects in play. There is lots of work to be done! We need the help of smart, passionate and dedicated people to help us make our open world action games!
Capcom Vancouver is seeking a UI Artist to help shape the future of our games and make the end user’s experience a memorable one. The successful candidate works well in a team passionate about making top quality games. The ideal candidate has experience with graphic design with a cross-section of artistic styles and the ability to work within a given style. You are very organized and maintain a high level of communication with your lead and peers.
IS THIS YOU?
Do you get excited about creating sharp, pioneering and elegant design solutions? Got an eye for detail and a passion to make the end user’s experience the best? Can’t stand useless window flow or poorly created HUDs? Then you might be the right person for us!
- Creation of User Interface art assets consistent with a given project style, including menus, overlays, and other onscreen displays.
- Utilize appropriate tools and processes to ensure delivery of art vision.
- Understand and communicate “Big Picture” visual elements of the game.
- Develop and maintain documentation of process, pipelines and schedules.
- Champion ongoing improvements of process and tools and drive UI/FE pipelines from creation to final.
- Complete tasks aligned with project needs and milestones.
- Understand, support and participate in project planning and schedules.
- Own area of expertise and be “go to person” for the team.
- 2 - 6 years’ experience in UI art.
- Game console development experience is preferred.
- Have shipped at least one AAA product.
- Experience with Photoshop, Illustrator, Flash, Director, etc.
- Diploma in art/related field, or equivalent experience.
WHAT WOULD BE COOL:
- A minimum of one shipped console title as a UI Artist.
- A breadth of knowledge regarding games/games industry.
- Previous experience working with outsourced assets
We thank all applicants for applying, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Get creative. Take risks. Push the boundaries of gaming. Be a member of an awesome team. We’re looking for the best game-makers to help pioneer the future of our industry. If this sounds like you, we want to hear from you.
Capcom’s legendary IP has been delighting gamers for decades, and we’re poised to deliver even more new worlds and adventures. The studio that brought you the Dead Rising series is hard at work looking for the next great gaming experience. Dive deep into the rich narratives and original gameplay of Capcom as we build the future of gaming.