Do you know what makes The Home Depot the largest home improvement retailer in the world? Our people. We do all we can to empower those within the Home Depot to tap into their potential and make a difference where it matters most – for our customers and for themselves.
Do you have what it takes to make an impact on the world’s largest home improvement retailer?
Discover what it’s like to be part of a team responsible for helping millions of people complete thousands of home improvement projects every year. Search corporate careers today.
The Trend and Brand Specialist will work with the Manager, Brand and Trend Development, to produce new style directions that reflect market trends and match customer needs. They will partner with Merchants on merchandise selection in design and development of product. This role will provide insight to industry trend direction and leading edge home fashion ideas that will drive overall merchandising decisions. The Trend and Brand Specialist is responsible to drive consistent execution of brand standards for several décor brands, through all consumer touch points. This role reports to Manager, Brand and Trend Development.
- Research overall trends in industry considering factors influencing home fashions such as cost, selection of materials, production methods, new technology, safety, fashion trends and business strategy
- Gather and maintain market data on key fashion trends; conduct competitive shops to keep abreast of trends and identify emerging themes
- Translate trends into products that respond to the business needs
- Create visual presentations to communicate direction to the merchant team including storyboards, colour palettes and finish standards
- Act as trend and design consultant to the merchandising group; provide trend direction in selected categories
- Develop an understanding for strong, balanced assortments that include good, better, best strategy and core, must-have items
- Build and manage relationships with suppliers throughout product design and development process, in partnership with merchandising group; provide creative direction, monitor revisions and final sample approval
- Serve as company and Home Depot brand representative in design and development of new product categories.
- Assist in Marketing and Public Relations initiatives involving trend and design
- Maintain a clear brand strategy, positioning, consumer relevant role and cohesive brand portfolio strategy for several décor brands
- Ensure consistency with brand standards
- Drive private brand business growth with analysis and insights for several décor brands. Provide relevant reports, gather key competitive intelligence and develop insights. Research industry trends, customer needs and additional information to support brand development
- Manage the packaging process with both internal and external agencies, including securing vendor documents, approval and release of final packaging files
- The knowledge, skills and abilities typically acquired through the completion of a bachelor's degree program or equivalent degree in a field of study related to the job. (Bachelors in Design or related field preferred).
- 3 to 5 years of relevant work experience
- Thorough understanding of home fashion market; strong merchandising skills; product development background; experience working with mass merchants
- Experience with and passion for home improvement and DIY
- Extensive knowledge of design and ability to develop designs
- Ability to research and apply market trend information
- Comfortable with analyzing and synthesizing large amounts of information and developing actionable methods of application to products
- Presentation skills
- Meeting and negotiation skills
- Strong project management and communication skills
- Knowledge of design-related computer software including Illustrator, Photoshop and InDesign
Thank you for applying to The Home Depot Canada. Our careers allow you to “unleash your inner orange” to improve the lives of our customers and yourself by helping them to complete their projects. Please note applications will only be accepted online and only those candidates under consideration will be contacted.