The primary role of a Trade Marketing Account Representative is to manage the tobacco business for a collection of accounts within a geographical area. You own the relationship with the accounts and effectively act as a business consultant on product knowledge, pricing, and many other areas, thereby acting as a strategic partner with retailers.
Using superior leadership and interpersonal skills, you will create close relationships with our trade partners to execute corporate plans, negotiate strategies, and meet business objectives. Your main responsibilities are to:
- Own the territory in terms of performance and in maintaining effective relationships across a diverse base of retailers for Imperial Tobacco Canada’s products and services;
- Plan and execute the visit to the retailers and build strong business relationships, respond to their questions, issues, and concerns, and monitor contract compliance;
- Achieve national, regional, and district-level objectives through effective implementation of cycle and regional/district activities;
- Fill market demand of Imperial Tobacco Canada’s products by maintaining inventory levels and attaining distribution targets for the brand portfolio; and
- Work on special projects at the provincial and national levels with your team of Trade Marketing Account Representatives
We pride ourselves in offering the best to the best, our employees. As a Trade Marketing Account Representative, you will receive the following:
- Investment into your learning and development;
- Continuous feedback and coaching on your performance;
- Base salary of over $56,000 CAD + quarterly trade performance bonus;
- Competitive benefits package including extended health, dental and pension plan;
- Car provided by the company + associated costs;
- Peripheral equipment, including laptop and cellular phone.
- Are you a university graduate whose area of study is marketing, business, or a related field?
- Do you aspire to an experience which offers daily opportunities to learn and grow?
- Do you have excellent salesmanship, marketing, and negotiation skills?
- Do you have strong business acumen, and a strategic mindset?
- Are you energetic, results-driven, and autonomous?
If so, what are you waiting for? Imperial Tobacco Canada is the place for you!
Role requires travel – it helps if you are mobile and potentially willing to discover Canada while furthering your career.
Working at BAT
Imperial Tobacco Canada is a wholly owned indirect subsidiary of British American Tobacco plc. We are a marketing-focused organization whose mission it is to answer adult-smoker preferences in a way that is honest and socially responsible.
We are the country’s leading tobacco company and pride ourselves in the diversity of our workforce - difference is our advantage and we are looking for dynamic individuals to join our exceptional sales team!
This is the opportunity for you to put your university degree to use and gain hands-on business experience in a highly competitive, challenging, and ever-changing industry.
Removal Date 23-Feb-2015
Job number 6255BR