Role Summary: Sells products and/or services to end-user customers in assigned geographic territory. Conducts territory planning to enhance the quality of the sales pipeline, accelerate and maximize revenue generation and improve the customer buying experience. Grows addressable market through detailed analysis of key verticals, top regional accounts, existing and net new targets. Demonstrates a hunter mentality by promoting commercial discovery, recruiting partners, prospecting for and qualifying new opportunities, identifying whitespace and engaging in demand generation activities. Leverages Channel Account Managers to acquire new partners in key growth areas. Creates a strategy and plan that segments the addressable market and aligns partners in key target areas. Serves as the customer’s advocate to maintain a high level of customer satisfaction and protect the strategic interests of both the customer and Avaya. Serves as key client contact for all customers and introduces specialists based on strategic sales motions.
Key Areas of Responsibility:
- Maintain full accountability and ownership of accounts within assigned territory. Actively engage in new customer acquisition. Function as an entrepreneur, applying creative programs to local industry or market trends within the territory.
- Maintain high-level executive contact with accounts in assigned territory, focused on linking knowledge of Avaya’s strategies with the customer’s to establish and maintain a mutually beneficial long term strategic partnership. Develop and execute sales strategies and tactics that maximize Avaya’s opportunity within the customer environment. Prospect and qualify new opportunities within the territory.
- Fully leverage sales network to maximize revenue and drive demand generation campaigns. Direct and motivate these resources to further the vision for the assigned accounts. Understand the capabilities and business model of partners within the territory and develop an Avaya value proposition for partner engagement.
- Serve as the customer’s advocate, maintaining a high level of customer satisfaction and consistently protecting the strategic interests of both the customer and Avaya. Actively drive the CSAT process to collate customer feedback and create actionable account activities quarterly.
- Drive customer and partner satisfaction by responding to issues and escalations in a timely manner. Apply experience and knowledge of social power dynamics and political environments to reconcile conflicts and mediate disputes.
- Articulate Avaya's entire portfolio of solution offerings and how they meet the needs of the customer. Quantify the value of Avaya solutions and demonstrate alignment of Avaya’s roadmap with the customer’s culture, strategy, and long term business objectives.
- Lead the virtual team in creating a territory strategy, identifying new opportunities and applications, and bringing Avaya’s resources to bear in opportunity pursuit and close.
- Conduct territory planning to enhance the quality of the sales pipeline, accelerate and maximize revenue generation and improve the customer buying experience.
- Conduct thorough analysis of key verticals, top accounts in the region, existing targets and net new targets to grow the addressable market. Create strategy and plan to segment the addressable market, with a focus on how to align and leverage partners into key target areas.
- Drive the end-to-end sales process to grow sales motions and leverage the components of the sales network to achieve quota targets.
- Execute within a value-based selling approach, focusing on understanding the customer's business issues and defining a solution that resolves their problems.
- Promote commercial discovery and partner recruiting by identifying channel whitespace to expand the addressable market. Leverage Channel Account Managers to acquire new partners in key growth areas such as mid-market, video, and networking.
- Direct and guide a support team in delivering superior value and standardized satisfaction to the customers and partners within assigned territory.
- Deliver customer roadmap presentations and discussions linked to specific customer needs.
- Operate as an Avaya Ambassador, fairly representing Avaya, the channel, and the customer in all accounts and sales-related activities. Serve as the key client contact for all customers in the territory. Introduce specialists where needed based on strategic sales motions.
Role Requirements: The role requires advanced knowledge of and proficiency in the following competencies:
- Demonstrates business acumen and ability to align company solutions to the customer’s business priorities.
- Able to develop consultative relationships with customers and partners to fully understand their needs and identify opportunities.
- Uses financial documents to analyze market trends and understand customer's business. Well-versed in financial terminology and can conduct financial analysis. Leverages financial information to manage business and drive customer discussions.
- Proficient in holding buying conversations at the CxO level that have impact at every stage of the customer buying process.
- Prioritizes work and manages time effectively.
- Creates a climate in which people want to do their best. Can motivate many kinds of direct reports and team or project members. Can assess each person’s hot button and use it to get the best out of him/her. Pushes tasks and decisions down. Empowers others. Invites input from each person and shares ownership and visibility. Makes each individual feel his/her work is important. Seen as cooperative and a team player who easily gains trust and support from all levels.
- Demonstrates an entrepreneurial spirit with "hunter" mentality for finding new prospects.
- Willingness to travel occasionally (~25%) to meet with customers, partners and Avaya resources within assigned territory.
- Steps up to conflicts, seeing them as opportunities. Reads situations quickly. Good at focused listening. Can get things done quietly without unnecessary noise. Quickly admits flaws and mistakes; is authentic; helps others save face in difficult situations. Maximizes the contribution of all; respects the views of others.
- Uses rigorous logic and methods to solve difficult problems with effective solutions. Probes all fruitful sources for answers. Can see hidden problems. Is excellent at honest analysis. Looks beyond the obvious and doesn’t stop at the first answers. Can quickly find common ground and solve problems for the good of all with minimum of noise. Can represent own interests and yet be fair to other groups.
- Understands and can apply segmentation, forecasting and account/territory planning strategies.
Education: Bachelor’s degree or relevant industry experience
Experience: 5-8+ years related experience.
- Competitive product experience is preferred
- Formal business consulting experience is preferred