We are searching for an experienced technical writer to create and maintain a variety of technical documentation for web applications. You will work closely with our product development team and a small team of technical writers.
- Write technical documentation about web-based software applications for a variety of audiences with different levels of technical ability.
- Work independently to research, collate, structure, organize, and produce technical documentation that is web and print-based.
- Work collaboratively within the development and technical writing teams to produce clear, accurate, and comprehensive documents that meet the needs of each audience.
- Experience with Madcap Flare or other single-sourcing authoring tools.
- 2-3 years of experience as a technical writer in the software industry.
- Familiarity with writing single-sourced content for multiple output types using topic-based authoring.
- Sound knowledge of HTML, CSS, and XML.
- Skilled in information design, organization, and chunking.
- The ability to simplify and communicate complex ideas in an understandable format.
- The capacity to work, troubleshoot, and solve problems independently.
Would love to see:
- Diploma/certificate in technical writing.
- Knowledge of source control and issue-tracking software.
- Experience in an agile software development environment.
- Knowledge of web development, networking, and web-server configuration.
- Familiarity with documenting APIs and SDKs.
Samples of technical documents that you have created personally.