Avigilon (TSX: AVO) provides trusted security solutions to the global market. Avigilon designs, develops, and manufactures video analytics, network video management software and hardware, surveillance cameras, and access control solutions. Avigilon’s solutions have been installed at thousands of customer sites, including school campuses, transportation systems, healthcare centers, public venues, critical infrastructure, prisons, factories, casinos, airports, financial institutions, government facilities, and retailers.
You will be responsible for maintaining existing product documentation and preparing content for new product launches. The products you will need to support include two major software lines, cameras and accessories, recording hardware and access control devices, plus any new products that are in development. Product deliverables include installation guides and user guides.
This role is open to candidates based in Vancouver, BC or Boston, MA.
- Work with team members to create and maintain product documentation, including the translated versions of all related media for Avigilon’s product portfolio
- Project manage own documentation tasks in coordination with larger project goals.
- Manage translated content and deliverables
- Work with Engineering subject matter experts to develop and maintain product content
- Work with Localization to ensure all documentation is translated in a timely manner
- University degree or completed technical certificate program in Technical Writing
- 2+ years’ experience in a technical writing role
- Able to write for a range of user audiences
- Familiar with MadCap Flare, Tortoise SVN, Adobe Creative Suite
- Flexible to meet changing priorities in a fast paced work environment
- Able to juggle multiple on-going projects
- Self-motivated to create an efficient and scalable work environment
- Understand and proficient in generating single sourced content
- Affinity for world languages
- Comfortable maintaining and archiving documentation that has been localized.
- Strong attention to detail
- Capable of working with a wide range of people
Perks of Working at Avigilon:
As a full-time employee of Avigilon, you are eligible to receive a comprehensive benefits package which includes a competitive salary with full benefits including extended health, dental, vision, paid vacation and holidays, 401K, eligible to participate in TechTalks, Hackatons, etc.
Avigilon is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, pregnancy, age, disability, veteran status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected under applicable law. It is the policy of Avigilon to comply with all aspects of the Americans with Disabilities Act. Upon request, Avigilon will provide reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities who need an accommodation to fully participate in the application process.