Founded by wireless retailers, iQmetrix is the leading provider of innovative software solutions for the wireless market. With platform-built, metrics-driven products from POS and full-suite retail management software, to endless aisle, dropship, e-commerce, and digital signage, iQmetrix has taken its unique understanding of the pain points in the industry to create better experiences for wireless retailers and their customers.
iQmetrix has rated among the Top 50 Best Small & Medium Employers in Canada for five years in a row. We have free fitness classes, hobby groups for everything from a board game club to numerous sports teams, beer taps and a Retirement Planning Program consisting of a matching RRSP and/or Employee Share Ownership component. We balance hard work with a commitment to lifestyle, competitive benefits and exciting perks, but what really make iQmetrix a great place to work are our fun and smart employees!
Analyzes the purpose of APIs and produces technical documentation required to educate 3rd party developers understand and use iQmetrix Platform APIs.
- Gathering API concepts from development teams
- Writing Core Concepts, Guides, Tutorials, other technical documentation that tie all API Documentation together
- Requesting feedback from stakeholders before publishing on the Developer Portal
- Requesting tools from development team to automate documentation processes
- Updating API Documentation when changes to APIs have been identified
- Publishing Core Concepts, Guides, Tutorials, other technical documentation on the Developer Portal
- Training stakeholders on how to contribute the Developer Portal
- Creating standard templates to be used by contributors for use on the Developer Portal
- Reviewing drafts from contributors before publishing on the Developer Portal
- Approving drafts from contributors before publishing on the Developer Portal
- Accepting documentation improvements
- Creating draft API Documentation requested by stakeholders
- Onboarding new APIs to be consumed by 3rd party developers
- Managing draft documentation queue
- Understanding and knowledge of APIs is essential
- 3-4 years prior experience in a technical writing role
- An educational background in computer science or software engineering
- Experience using postman is an asset
- Knowledge of API specification languages (RAML, Swagger, Blueprint) is an asset
- Experience creating API documentation is an asset
- Familiarity with software release cycles is an asset
- Self-starter and innovative
What does it mean to be an iQer?
- Communication Skills and Emotional Intelligence, someone who can listen to others and take multiple perspectives into consideration when making a decision.
- Passionate about their work, willing to go that extra mile without being asked to do so.
- Someone with interpersonal skills who can build strong relationships from scratch.
- Humility, someone not afraid to admit their mistakes and work towards preventing them in the future.
- Thinks about the health of the company before personal agendas.
- Being a self starter, able to dive into the work without fear of making a mistake.
- Flexibility and the ability to adapt to an evolving environment will go a long way at iQmetrix.
- Not afraid to stick by their decisions and justify them, but willing to admit and learn from mistakes.
If you are interested in joining our company and are committed to succeeding, please submit your resume and cover letter. We thank all applicants for their interested, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.