Bit Stew is looking for a Technical Writer to join its growing team in Burnaby, BC. You will become part of the Documentation team delivering content for a variety of products including the company’s flagship product: Grid Director. This position requires working closely with project managers, developers, and other company personnel. The successful candidate will edit and format documents in accordance with appropriate specifications, style, and branding.
Successful candidates will be asked to show proof that they can legally work in the Canada.
Job Description: The technical writer will write, rewrite, edit, and proofread technical manuscripts, promotional products, online content, corporate internal publications, and business development deliverables. Technical writer/editor will conduct quality control checks to ensure compliance with guidelines, specifications, and deadlines.
- Determine and apply appropriate levels of editorial treatment to project materials.
- Edit and re-write portions of technical documents, and write original content based on the documentation schedule as well as on an ad hoc basis.
- Prepare and assist with preparation, coordination, copyediting, and proofing of large and small proposals.
- Maintain developer documentation including APIs and on-boarding guides.
- Develop or maintain templates for documents.
- Write or edit website copy.
- Experience in scripting, storyboarding, can producing help videos and other forms of video content.
- Assist in the development of and internal corporate communications.
- Perform miscellaneous marketing and business development activities.
- Bachelors Degree in English, Technical Writing, Journalism, or Communication.
- 2 to 4 years of experience in technical writing or editing. Demonstrated knowledge of commonly used concepts, practices, and procedures within the field of technical writing.
- Experience in structured and topic-based authoring.
- Can communicate technical information in a clear and convincing way.
- Excellent proofreading and editing skills.
- Strong analytical, planning, organizational, and time management skills.
- Experience producing and editing graphic material (charts, screenshots, diagrams, etc.).
- Strong research skills including gathering and analyzing data from multiple sources (subject matter experts, project managers) to develop training materials and help content.
- Proven ability to create creative, unique, and relevant online content for the Web.
- Ability to prioritize projects.
- Strong interpersonal communication skills.
- Experience in Madcap Flare, Visio, Adobe Photoshop, Premier Pro, and After Effects an asset.
Experience in storyboarding and producing online help video content an asset.
About Bit Stew Systems:
Bit Stew Systems is the creator of the market leading platform for Software Defined Operations for the Industrial Internet. Founded in 2005, Bit Stew is headquartered in Canada with offices in the U.S.A., Australia, and Spain. Bit Stew was named to the Gartner Cool Vendors in Energy & Utilities list for 2014 and the Frost & Sullivan Entrepreneurial Company of the Year – North American Service Solutions for Utilities.