Are you energized by helping others succeed? Love sharing and selling a great product? Excited to get your feet wet in a growing tech company? If yes, read on!
Thinkific is a Vancouver-based tech company with a team of 16, and growing fast. We’re making it easy to teach and build businesses online. Visit our hiring page here: http://blog.thinkific.com/hiring/
Our all-in-one platform helps our customers create, market, and sell their own online courses. We currently power thousands of online courses for clients ranging from Hootsuite and other large companies, to thousands of independent experts, authors, speakers, coaches, and entrepreneurs around the globe.
A big part of our success is the experience our product offers – and that’s where you come in.
We’re hiring a motivated and exceptionally skilled customer success / technical support professional to join our team as Technical Support Manager.
You will work directly with customers, spending time in our support queues helping clients setup and configure their sites, and talking to them about how Thinkific can solve problems and help them to grow their businesses. You’ll also be prime on technical escalations between our customer support and engineering teams, to ensure customer impacting bugs and issues are identified and resolved upfront.
Here are some of the key responsibilities:
- Customer technical support – respond to customer support questions through email, live chat, the occasional phone call, and other channels. You’ll take the initiative to dive in and learn our product inside and out, and will be a key contact point for customer inquiries. This will be the majority of your role.
- Sales – each time we talk to a customer, it’s an opportunity to sell Thinkific. You’ll be talking with prospective and existing customers every day, and will help identify what their needs are and how our platform and features can help them out.
- Quality Assurance – Our team develops and updates features each day, and you will be responsible for testing features as they come out to ensure they work perfectly for the end user. Attention to detail is key.
- Technical Escalations – You’ll also proactively identify bugs and required product updates based on incoming queries, testing and evaluating issues in order to act as liaison between our engineering and customer facing teams.
More about you:
- Technical – Strong technical support skills are vital in this position. Learning our product inside and out is key, in addition to proficiency with HTML/CSS and a solid ability to troubleshoot problems across common internet browsers and applications is required. You likely have 3-5 years of technical support experience.
- Sales experience – You understand how to translate product features into tangible business benefits, and have experience with direct sales.
- Customer focussed – without our customers, we don’t have a company. Your job, above all else, is customer support – dedicated and professional customer focus is key.
- Creative Self Starter – you’ll have lots of freedom to manage your workday to meet your objectives, without needing to be told what to do next.
- Strong writing skills – most customer communication is written; so clear, friendly communication is vital.
- Personal / professional skills – working closely with our clients it’s important that you can quickly build rapport and make them feel warm and fuzzy when they reach out for help. Switching gears from speaking with the yoga instructor calling from the beach to a corporate professional calling from a boardroom is also vital, as you represent our company with every interaction.
Why we think you’ll like working with us:
- Be part of a collaborative, high performing team focused on building best-in-class software in order to grow our company
- We have plenty of office snacks, coffee, and the occasional Friday beer to keep you fueled
- We offer a competitive salary, health/dental/vision benefits, and an open vacation policy
- Celebrate & get to know your peers with monthly and quarterly team events
- We have an amazing existing team of really talented engineers, marketers, and customer success people that want to work with you