Your abilities to confidently influence actions of decision makers will have a significant impact on the continually growing industry of concrete piping and related concrete products in the British Columbia market place.
Working under the guidance and with the support of well established local manufacturing companies, you will apply engineering expertise and your ability to connect with others, with the goal of deriving the desired increased usage of precast concrete products.
Taking ownership of this Technical Resource Engineer opportunity, you will have decision making authority in dealings with concrete industry consultants, bureaucrats and infrastructure owners while presenting definitive industry standards and strategy.
Working with local member company marketing and engineering personnel as an independent industry representative, you will be responsible for strategic development and enhancements of relationships with municipalities. Instrumental to success in this role will be the organizing and conducting of industry training seminars which enhance appreciation and understanding of precast concrete products.
Other key requirements of this position are:
- Ability to excel in large and small public speaking engagements
- Active engagement with expert project designers and participation in specification reviews will be a frequent demand of the position.
- Responsibility in creating and adherence to an annual budget is required.
- Ensure maximum outstanding recognition within the industry through personal representation at tradeshows and events.
- Responsibility to participate in both the Canadian and American Concrete Pipe Association marketing activities, seminars and education events is expected.
- Flexibility to adapt to sudden changes due to rapid changes in project timelines.
- A high level of comfort in directing action toward identified goals within an environment of pressure will be respected by others.
- Balancing expectations of professionals in the gravity sewer and culvert markets requires independent decision making coupled with local producer support.
Although primarily focused on the Metro Vancouver and Fraser Valley area, province-wide travel will be required on a regular basis with occasional travel required outside the province and country.
Registration as a Professional Engineer in BC is strongly preferred, however the requirements of this challenging position could be fulfilled by a person with the appropriate combination of skill sets that would result in accomplishing the industry association’s goals.