Business Unit: Trane Commercial
Ingersoll Rand is uniquely qualified to create and sustain safe, comfortable and efficient environments. Our people and our market leading brands, including Club Car®, Ingersoll Rand®, Schlage®, Thermo King®, and Trane®, work together to inspire progress for our customers. Ingersoll Rand’s Climate Solutions sector delivers energy-efficient HVACR solutions for customers globally. Its world class brands include Thermo King, the leader in transport temperature control and Trane, provider of energy efficient heating, ventilating and air conditioning systems, building and contracting services, parts support and advanced controls for homes and commercial buildings.
Trane is seeking a technical communications professional to help develop proposal submissions for the business across Canada including:
Work beginning with Request for Proposal (RFP) releases (public and private) through to the ultimate proposal submission.
Proposal development during the initial phase of the mechanical contracting sales process.
Proposal Writer Job Duties:
Proposal Writing and Development
Assisting in bid for large mechanical contracting jobs by reviewing the Request for Proposal (or similar) and collecting or writing materials and submitting in the format required.
- Understanding the submission requirements and being able to produce the document in the required format. Examples of information required may include:
o Social Responsibility
o Safety Resources
o Human Resources
o Supplier Diversity Program
o Industry Overview
o Products Available (job specific and overall)
o Reference Projects (job specific and overall)
o Quality Management / Assurance Program
o Company Competitive Advantage and Value Add Initiatives
o Other information as required by the Request for Proposal (RFP)document
- Gathering proposal information by identifying correct sources including online, interviewing associates within the company, or other.
- Coordinating submissions and collections, which may include online submissions, hard copy printing and binding, or other as dictated by RFP.
- Writing articulately, succinctly, and credibly to encapsulate technical concepts into simpler explanations and overviews understandable to laypersons.
- Managing own and contributors deadlines to meets proposal submission requirements by establishing priorities and target dates for information gathering, writing, review, and approval.
- Coordinating submissions with contributors in a timely manner; updating proposal status information to stakeholders.
General Proposal Support and Marketing
Creating, maintaining and updating a database of information to pull from for future projects.
Researching all forms of media to help develop useful supporting content for submissions.
Preparing, as required, presentations based on information provided in RFP with more detail, additional requests or multimedia.
- Maintaining high quality and consistent results by using templates; following proposal-writing standards including readability, consistency, and tone; maintaining proposal support databases.
- Improving proposal-writing outputs by evaluating and re-designing processes, approach, coordination, and boilerplate; implementing changes.
- Additional responsibilities may include marketing related tasks and website management. This position may require some business travel within Canada.
Proposal Writer Skills and Qualifications:
Bachelor’s degree in business or related field required. Previous proposal/technical writing experience required and samples of previous work will be requested for viewing. Computer literacy and proficiency required. Applicant must be organized and able to compose and edit business correspondence, proposals, contracts, reports and other documents. Must possess strong time management, organizational, interpersonal and communication skills to effectively prioritize all assignments/activities and accomplish desired results through dealing with multiple personnel levels internally and externally. Some business travel within Canada will be required.
If you share our passion for inspiring progress—for bringing about bold shifts in how people, economies and societies operate—then you belong with Ingersoll Rand. Progress begins with you.
Ingersoll Rand is committed to helping you reach your professional, personal and financial goals. We offer competitive compensation that aligns with our business strategies and comprehensive benefits to help you live your healthiest. We are committed to building an inclusive and diverse culture that engages as well as values the different backgrounds and experiences of our employees, which, in turn, spurs innovation, generates creative solutions and enhances our customer relations.
Ingersoll Rand is committed to a diverse workforce and is an Equal Opportunity Employer.