The Technical Administrative writer is responsible for the compilation, administration and publishing of technical documents including service bulletins, training curriculum, newsletters, portal contents, warranty and nonconformances to best serve IMW’s network of service centers and customers.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Works with technical specialists and application engineers to capture and compile technical details, compile work instructions, process mapping, and service bulletins that are distributed to IMW service centres globally.
- Creates and administers all training materials for the IMW University, ensuring curriculum is updated, current and organized, developing and editing training videos and online portal content, updating training records and issuing training certificates as applicable. This may include working with the customers and service centres to set up training sessions.
- Administers nonconformance reports assigned to or processed by the Customer Care department. This includes follow up to ensure the dispositions and resolutions are completed in a timely manner and meet the requirements of the quality system.
- Processes warranty claims, reviews the credibility of parts and labour values being claimed, determines trends that may affect other products or where additional technical support is required. Participates in the containment of issues, resolution strategies and special projects such as the meantime to failure summaries.
- Administers and processes customer satisfaction surveys and feedback received, providing summaries and recommendations to the supervisor for further discussion and planning.
- Develops, maintains and deploys the Customer Care forms which include maintenance schedules, commissioning check-sheets, station readiness checklists, service orders, configurators and related forms affected by equipment changes or new product launches.
- Publishes IMW Customer Care newsletters to keep the global service centres informed of new developments, service features and product news.
- Assists with general administration needs of the department.
- Provides parts updates including introductions of repair kits, substitutions, private labeling, market specific requirements and other parts updates.
- Complete all applicable quality records.
- Perform work in accordance with IMW documented policies and procedures.
- Minimum of 2 years post secondary education.
- Minimum of 2 years experience in customer service, technical writing or other related experience.
- Regularly required to stand; walk; sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; and talk or hear.
- Ability to read and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence, memos, and write clear and detailed correspondence. Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions in one-on-one and small group settings.
- Ability to read, analyze and interpret general business information and procedures.
- Proficient with Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook and Power-Point.
- Experience with Access, Photoshop and video editors is an asset.
- Minimum typing speed of 50 words per minute.
- Valid BC Driver’s License.
- Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions.
- Must have the ability to make decisions and give clear and concise written directions.
- Ability to work as a team.