Blast Radius is a global digital agency helping build our clients’ businesses by connecting brands and consumers in creative and innovative ways. We uncover the shared ideal that lies at the intersection of consumer passion and brand purpose and bring it to life in always-on brand experiences and integrated campaigns.
The Strategy Director must be a highly creative strategist and planner with deep digital chops and extensive experience working in an agency environment. The candidate will support the VP Strategy in growing and developing the strategy team and practice, growing flagship accounts and winning new business.
Though you may have deep experience in one or two relevant areas—brand planning/strategy, platform and experience design, integrated campaign planning, mobile, social media, content, online media etc.—you are fundamentally a nimble and flexible marketing and digital generalist who can bring a holistic POV to bear on any account. And you’re also, crucially, a master of communication and persuasion—a gifted storyteller who can confidently lead an audience from problem to solution.
In this role, you will provide leadership to cross-functional teams across multiple projects for a variety of clients, including new business pitches. You’ll also work closely with client services, production, creative teams to help bring strategies to life and ensure that the plans support the clients’ brand and business goals and objectives. And you’ll
If you're an expert in digital strategy with at least 7-10 years experience with a global roster of brands and a leader in conceptualizing and delivering digital marketing strategy, with exceptional relationship and leadership skills we'd love to get in touch.
- Identify business and marketing problems, industry drivers and competitive dynamics.
- Perform or direct research and analyze trends/results to determine strategic implications.
- Lead stakeholder interviews and facilitate workshops to obtain knowledge of brand, marketing and business objectives.
- Conduct analysis of multiple solution options, develop and recommends a strategic approach that meet clients’ objectives, applies customer insights and enables clients to compete effectively.
- Author various client deliverables suitable for the engagement, including research plans, creative briefs, brand strategy, and digital strategy presentations, roadmaps and recommendations and measurement frameworks.
- Illustrate an understanding of digital behaviors at a worldwide level, developing and executing strategies that can be locally and globally implemented,
- Develop creative briefs that inspire clients and creative teams alike to generate breakthrough ideas and implementation.
- Define scope and recommend appropriate resources and allocations for projects.
- Collaborate with cross-functional project teams to motivate, create and implement short and long-term integrated marketing strategies.
- Proactively identify new opportunities for client growth, enforce processes, provide quality assurance and implement best practices across all engagements.
- Support new business pitches by developing strong, compelling stories based on insights.
- Grow and maintain relationships with key clients identifying new, unmet needs and introducing new opportunities accordingly.
- Collaborate effectively with other agencies within and beyond the WPP network.
- Support development of agency POV, processes and best practices.
- Manage, mentor and lead other strategists.
- Develop Blast Radius intellectual property and process by contributing frameworks and tools.
- Fuel the external image of the agency by supporting agency blogs are regularly updated with up to date and timely thinking. Depending on your personal profile you may also be called upon to speak at external events.
Required Skills and Experience:
- Qualified candidates will bring at least 7-10 years interactive account planning experience within an agency setting (4-5 years immersed in digital).
- Candidates must have successfully launched multiple digital, social media and mobile platforms / campaigns into the marketplace.
- Strong understanding of brands with proven experience in delivering effective digital brand and business strategy globally.
- Strong understanding of measurement and optimization and how they can drive digital results.
- Strong understanding of web development and design lifecycle.
- Exceptional qualitative and quantitative analytical skills.
- In depth knowledge of the web development process.
- Strong client interaction skills, especially with senior client members.
- Exceptional verbal, written communication and negotiation skills.
- Indisputable powerpoint mastery
- Proven ability to manage and set client expectations.
- Media strategy / planning expertise a plus.
- Candidate must be open to travel.
- Ability to grasp the nuances of a clients’ business and participate in the creation of outstanding digital campaign and /or social and mobile ideas solutions.
- Must be able to work in a fast-paced, multi-discipline collaborative creative environment.
- Proven leadership abilities to manage multiple initiatives across multiple accounts.
- Self-starter, demonstrating appropriate levels of assertiveness with a high-degree of self-confidence.
- Excellent verbal communication, written, and presentation skills—you’re a solid storyteller and persuader.
- Creative idea generator based on consumer and brand insights.
- Insatiable thirst for new ideas, knowledge and expertise.
- Ability to balance analytical and creative thinking, linear and non-linear approaches to problem-solving.
- Ability to influence people at C level.
- A collaborative and supportive team player.