Position Strategist, Web Content
Department Marketing, University Relations
Status Staff, 100% full-time, Permanent
Start Date As soon as possible after closing date
Salary Scale $4,397.93 - $5,253.28 per month (Staff pay group 8)
Review Date May 13, 2020
The web content strategist leads the development and execution of website projects for a varied portfolio of university departments, maximizing the cohesion and usability of our website university-wide. Employing a user-centred design approach, the web content strategist works with university partners and stakeholders to analyze business and user needs, create site maps and wireframes, set up new web pages and lead university staff through the process of populating web pages with content.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Manages content development for a portfolio of digital projects, including briefs and concepts, wireframes, site navigation, editorial calendars, and facilitating ongoing content curation.
- Gathers and analyses data that will help inform digital content strategy.
- Makes strategic recommendations about content types/wireframe components to develop a mix of written and visual content in alignment with UFV web strategy.
- Develops audience-specific sitemaps and taxonomies to implement new content architecture that supports institutional goals.
- Advises university partners on web design and digital marketing best practices.
- Develops content strategy to promote programs on the UFV website, with an emphasis on lead generation.
- Researches, writes and edits SEO-optimized copy for landing pages, new websites and individual web pages.
- Monitors web traffic and engagement through Google Analytics in order to map user journeys on the UFV website and makes recommendations to project partners.
- Mentors marketing and communications strategists and other positions around the university creating web content on best practices in content navigation, design and copywriting.
- Leads or participates in pre-launch reviews of new websites and digital content.
- Helps manage client expectations throughout the project lifecycle to ensure consistency and quality.
- Bachelor’s degree in a related field from a recognized post-secondary institution.
- Three years of experience in developing digital experiences, preferably in a post-secondary institution, or combination of education and experience.
- Experience in project management.
- Strong writing, editing and proofreading skills.
- Excellent organizational skills with the ability to balance several projects in a fast-paced environment.
- Strong relationship-building skills and the ability to work collaboratively.
- Experience with SEO, SEM, email and content marketing and customer journey mapping.
- Understanding of HTML, CSS and experience with web content management systems.
- Capable in the use of MS Office suite and Adobe Creative Cloud.
Perfect your job application with VisualCV so you can get hired faster!