As a stepping stone to becoming a creative director, this role is seeking a senior web designer who can lead visual design efforts for websites, web applications, and mobile applications. In this role, you will help formulate the vision for digital experiences that satisfy both business requirements and end-user goals.You will work closely with a multidisciplinary team to deliver that vision – iterating, testing, and collaborating as necessary.
- Formulate and articulate creative solutions to a client business need using best practices on the web.
- Superior graphic design, web typography, color theory skills as illustrated by your digital portfolio.
- Understands and uses interaction design best practices and patterns.
- Capable of expressing and prototyping interactive solutions using HTML/CSS, and other interactive tools/software.
- Strong verbal and visual communication skills and tools: sketching, facilitation, ideation, critique, etc.
- Able to work iteratively and within constraints.
- Able to craft, develop, and communicate a vision for a design or creative project.
- Can sell ideas, solutions and design to clients with tact, enthusiasm, and confidence.
- Adept at gathering and understanding client and user requirements.
- Proven track record working with top-level marketing/communications executives, brand managers, project managers from leading brands.
- Experience working with brand guidelines, style guides and corporate communication protocols.
- Skilled at developing productive and creative working relationship with clients.
- Highly skilled at explaining and defending design decisions to clients, negotiating change, and driving improvement.
- Able to understand the financial implications of design decisions and the importance of change management in client organizations.
Team & Leadership
- Excited about leading a creative vision for a project and enthusiastic about seeing it through to completion.
- Is a strong advocate for collaboration and interdisciplinary problem-solving
- Able to facilitate creative sessions, generate ideas in collaboration, and lead group decisions
- Able to synthesize and communicate the outcomes of collaborative sessions with team and clients
- Experienced enough to coach junior team members, critique their work, and help improve their output and skills
- Works to foster a healthy and productive working relationship with clients and team members
- Strong presentation skills and ability to articulate ideas with clarity and energy
- Ability to communicate complex issues and solutions to a wide range of audiences
- Can manage conflict with tact and confidence
- Brings positive, solutions-focused thinking to difficult problems
- Highly committed to excellence; constantly looks for ways to raise the bar in order to achieve excellence in all areas.