Sr. UX Designer full-time
At Achievers, our software delivers the only true cloud Employee Success Platform™; a powerful new way for companies to engage, align, and recognize employees enabling remarkable business success. Every day.
We are looking for a Sr. UX Designer to join our Product team in Toronto!
Who are you?
If you are passionate about making products that people love, deeply care about humans, and have an empathic approach to design that helps you make it all come to life, we want to hear from you. We’re looking for a team member who has a contagious drive for learning, acquiring new skills and perspectives, and who cares about sharing their insights with the team – this is what makes us so efficient.
You have produced top-notch quality work. You have sound design intuition and believe in having a process from beginning to end – from wireframes, task flows, pixels perfect mock ups, and interaction designs. Your portfolio must be strong and you believe that your best work is still ahead of you.
We might be a good match if...
You believe in craftsmanship and endeavor to create elegant and compelling designs, over and over.
- Your portfolio has some best-in-class work. You're a walking encyclopedia of microinteractions in use (on mobile, web, desktop, etc), and have nuanced views on how to make many of them even better.
You’ve shipped product.
- You’ve weathered release cycles and know what details matter at each stage, how to motivate engineers to get the fit and finish right, how to translate insights from user studies into meaningful action, and what’s most likely to go afoul at each stage. You can share several shining examples of real work you've shipped, and what you learned along the way.
- You have designed and shipped multiple apps, or have gone through multiple release cycles on a larger project.
Cross-platform is your style.
- Hopefully you’ve shipped something across several platforms. You know what translates from desktop and what doesn’t, or why you’d opt for one solution for iOS and another on Android.
You know that a good design requires research and multiple iterations.
- You are able to explain how your best work came to be, and you can show us the processes you went through.
- You know all modern design practices by heart and can be creative to come up with better solutions.
Prototyping is a key part of your toolset.
- You’ve prototyped on multiple platforms. You’ve made last-minute tweaks between user studies. You know how to be all kinds of quick and dirty, but dream of better prototyping tools.
You substantially contribute to defining the 'what' as well as the 'how'.
- You're a product manager's secret weapon. You thrive best when helping to define the requirements, not just translating them into designs. You facilitate and draw the best design ideas from teammates.
- You'll also be working with Engineering to design and implement beautiful, intuitive experiences. That means you'll need to not only be a great designer, but also be able to understand and write a little code.
You can think and talk about the bottom line.
- Analytics don’t scare you, and you know which tools you can use to find the data you'd need to make a (design) decision, and are comfortable with searching our databases to get the data you need.
What will you do?
- Design thoughtful user experiences and great looking product UI.
- Form the vision for winning application solutions, collaborating with Product Managers, Senior Management, Development, Professional Services, Customer Success and Marketing.
- Work closely with the Product team to create exceptional wireframes, process flows, mock-ups and other design documentation.
- Deeply understand and validate the needs of current and targeted customers through quantitative & qualitative customer research.
- Test and refine flows with internal & external stakeholders.
- Collaborate and share ideas and concepts as a strategic member of a dynamic product team.
- Work with the design team to define and refine the patterns, templates and components that are used across the platform.
- Extensive experience designing beautiful customer experiences for the web, iPhone, iPad or Android.
- 4+ years experience that includes UI, UX, and interaction design.
- Solid portfolio (show us everything from rough sketches to high-fidelity designs).
- Excellent knowledge of the Adobe Creative Suite, Sketch and other graphic design / prototyping tools.
- You possess an intensely collaborative spirit. You share early and iterate quickly.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Sharp attention to design detail.
Achievers is an equal opportunity employer and as such does not discriminate on the basis of race, colour, religion, sex, national origins, age, sexual orientation, disability or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws. Selection decisions are solely based on job-related factors.