Do you share our passion in augmenting the human experience with artificial intelligence? Do you enjoy solving complex challenges, asking the big questions and trying things that have never been done?
We are agents of change, our work transformative and we’re looking for an innovative Sr UX designer with hybrid talents to help solve knowledge work problems with cognitive computing solutions.
Our innovative team in Toronto consists mostly of engineers, researchers, and data scientists from a variety of backgrounds: finance, law, science and applied research. We create proofs of concept from hypotheses for customer-facing problems. Using machine learning, natural language processing, data analytics, and visualization, we work with domain experts to rapidly prototype minimum viable products.
As senior UX designer, you will conduct product / service research, conceptualize ideas, develop information architecture (user flow, sketches, wireframes, navigation models) and interaction design to create powerful AI-powered user experiences. Having a strong passion for learning, a firm foundation of UX/UI design principles and positive personality are crucial for your success. This opportunity will push you to greatness and its expected that you do the same for your peers.
Thomson Reuters is the Answer Company™. We provide authoritative content, advanced technologies and human expertise to help our customers find trusted answers. We enable professionals in the financial and risk, legal, tax and accounting, and media markets to make the decisions that matter most, all powered by the world's most trusted news organization. The Cognitive Computing Center of Excellence partners with internal teams, customers and third parties, such as start-ups and academics, on new data-driven, cognitive computing innovations.
- Plan, prioritize, coordinate, and conduct user requirements analysis, task analysis, conceptual modeling, information architecture design, interaction design, and usability testing.
- Produce personas, customer journey maps, use cases, flowcharts, wireframes, design annotations, prototypes, and design specifications.
- Effectively synthesize and communicate research findings, conceptual ideas, detailed design, and design rationale both verbally and through execution.
- Execute the design process, drive decisions, track issues, and assist in estimating resource needs and schedules.
- Work closely with research and development teams to ensure that design requirements are achieved.
- Participate as a contributor to an interdisciplinary team that includes other UX designers, researchers, engineers, developers, business and brand strategists
4-5 years minimum of expertise in user experience design or user interface design.
- Excellent communication and organization skills.
- Strong responsive design, creative and data visualization skills.
- Applied knowledge of general design strategies and trends, including Lean user experience and Design Thinking methodologies.
- Proficiency in rapid prototyping, wireframing, presentation and high-fidelity design tools such as Adobe CC, Sketch, Axure, Invision.
- Ability to work with engineering teams to execute best design solutions within technology constraints
- Ability to translate behind-the-scene complexity into easy and effective experiences
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Customer-centric, creative thinker with a strong work ethic and friendly personality
- A portfolio is required.
- Ability to art-direct down to the User Interface level
- Domain knowledge in any of the following: Tax and Accounting, Finance, Legal, News
- Motion design
- Presentation skills
- Experience designing for machine learning, wearable, virtual/augmented reality, connected devices, or other new technology.
At Thomson Reuters, we believe what we do matters. We are passionate about our work, inspired by the impact it has on our business and our customers. As a team, we believe in winning as one – collaborating to reach shared goals, and developing through challenging and meaningful experiences. With over 50,000 employees in more than 100 countries, we work flexibly across boundaries and realize innovations that help shape industries around the world. Bring your ambition to make a difference! We’ll bring a world of opportunities.
Thomson Reuters provides professionals with the intelligence, technology and human expertise they need to find trusted answers. We enable professionals in the financial and risk, legal, tax and accounting, and media markets to make the decisions that matter most, all powered by the world's most trusted news organization.