The Active Network, Inc. provides Software as a Service and marketing services to community service organizations worldwide and has earned a reputation as a leading online destination for active lifestyles. The company’s products and services help organizations reduce the cost and complexity of managing the things people love, want, and need to do during their daily activities. This position can be based out of our Burnaby, B.C. or Toronto, ON office.
- Product strategy and planning for a product line throughout its lifecycle
- Act as the communication hub for product information both internally and externally with all stakeholders
- Project coordination, market research and needs analysis
- Research customers' business practices and needs relative to new features and modules
- Propose new solutions based on customer input, surveys, imaginative interpretation of user needs, market needs analysis, and known technological solutions
- Business case development and software requirement writing
- Change management and implementation
- Review all relevant sources of information, including analysts and industry thought leaders
- Keep in close contact with key customers and prospective key customers on the leading edge of the industry, including site visits.
- Monitor competitors’ activities to determine possible future directions
- Participate in key sales situations and maintain a close relationship with sales team(s)
- Develop business cases to explore potential opportunities, including market sizing, financial analysis, market segmentation, and pricing.
- Define, drive, and maintain the product strategy and product roadmap
- Prepare release objectives, milestones and schedules for all phases of product development and introduction to market.
- 5+ years in a product management or related role
- Track record of delivering products on time, quality and budget
- Experience working with transactional systems
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written
- Solid understanding of business practices and accounting
- Knowledge/experience of various software development methods
- Ability to communicate with different personality types and roles (e.g., development, sales, support, customer) effectively and build strong relationships
- Ability to lead without formal authority
- Comprehensive understanding of usability and interaction design
- Strong understanding of current web application design
- Experience writing software requirements
- Knowledge of related markets and customers
- A love for products and software
- Thrive on change and challenge