Friday, November 14, 2014
We are currently looking for a Sr. Assistant Brand Manager on 12-month contract to join our Marketing team. In this position you will support the Brand Manager for the Granola/Bars and Hot Oats category in the planning, development, and execution of the annual brand and marketing plan.
Critical outcomes for this role include:
Supporting the execution of Brand Strategy and Marketing plans by:
- Providing significant input to create winning, consumer-centric business strategies that drive top and bottom line growth.
- Supporting annual Business Review through results analysis, and in-depth evaluation of the 5-Cs.
- Supporting the development of the annual brand plans that identify market opportunities, optimize brand profitability, and build equity.
- Developing basic Objectives, Goals, Strategies and Measures (OGSM) for key projects based on compelling consumer insights.
- Recommending suggestions for Action Plans to deliver on OGSM.
- Recommending and developing customer (retail) and consumer sales strategies based on goals.
- Supporting in the development of winning communications strategy to build brand equity.
- Supporting in the development of strategic brand positioning that establishes a strong basis for competitive advantage.
Supporting the development of hypothesis, data evaluation, conclusions, recommendations, and action plans based on in-depth analysis by:
- Conducting in-depth data analysis on all areas of the business (financial, consumer, competitor, customer, company, and category).
- Conducting clear, actionable business reviews on a monthly basis.
- Financial and budgeting analysis.
- Knowledge of all data sources, and ability to conduct compiled data mining and analysis.
- Conducting third party research.
- Providing relevant business recommendations that drive company growth.
Creating winning and holistic plans that level on business systems and business cycle planning by:
- Day-to-day project management with strong understanding of critical path to drive projects forward.
- Providing direction to cross-functional teams as related to project leadership.
- Creating project proposals and recommendations to clearly define objectives and requirements.
- Supporting role in the development of holistic portfolio plans.
- Understanding overall business process and the role of marketing to the organization.
- Providing sales support to internal sales team, brokers and key accounts.
- Providing administrative support to category team as it related to portfolio
Identify marketing opportunities and develop innovative products that build brand equity that deliver high return by:
- Developing and executing on long term innovation plans.
- Leadership role in new product development process, including leading cross functional Taskforce, providing pricing recommendations, and strategic research support.
- Supporting innovation and renovation of categories based on consumer insights, identifying opportunities, and product conceptualizing.
- Designing and managing launch plans, including analysis, tracking and adjustments.
Success in this role will require:
- Bachelor Degree in Business, Commerce, Marketing or related field and/or combination of relevant work experience.
- 4 to 6 years of relevant experience.
- CPG experience is a must.
- Strong project management skills.
- Strong analysis skills.