Job Classification: Software Graphics Designer
Posting Date: February 13, 2015
Closing Date: February 23, 2015
Effective Date: March 2015
Position Number: 998551
Competition No: 3102
Hours of Work: 35 hours/week, Monday to Friday
Range of Pay: $27.73 - $32.15
The incumbent designs graphics for use in software systems within IdeaWORKS. S/he develops concepts, graphics, product illustrations, logos, print production, photography, proposals, presentation styling and internet/intranet websites, using graphic design tools such as Adobe Photoshop Suite of products, AutoDesk 3Dstudio, Blender 3D and ArtRage Pro. S/he liaises with staff and industry partners to determine their software graphics requirements and works as an integrated member of the software development team.
The duties of this position will include, but are not limited to the following:
Design and production of graphics assets
- Analysis of project requirements and identification of assets to be produced.
- Planning of production schedule including estimates of time required and prioritization.
- Creation of graphics and other design elements.
- Coordinating with the other team leads to provide a bridge between the different disciplines.
Interacting with clients
- Participate in intake meetings with potential clients to evaluate and advise both the client and IdeaWorks on design issues.
- Communicate and collaborate with clients during project execution on all design tasks.
Internal communications and promotions
- Consulting and collaborating with our Promotions & Industry Liaison to produce materials for internal use.
- Assisting graphic students on techniques and technologies required for their projects
The successful applicant must have:
- A minimum of 3 year post-secondary education in Graphics & Design or related field of study.
- A minimum of two years of experience in graphics design for software applications, advertising and marketing communications design, animation, digital and multi-media design, photography, print and digital media management, visual communication design using tools such as:
- Adobe Photoshop CS6
- Adobe Illustrator CS6
- Adobe Indesign CS6
- Adobe Dreamwaver CS6
- Adobe Flash CS6
- Adobe After Effects CS6
- Adobe Premiere Pro CS6
- AutoDesk 3DS Max 2012
- Code Editors such as Notepad ++ or Sublime Text 2
- MS Office Suite of Products
Preference will be given to qualified full time employees within the Support Staff bargaining unit at Mohawk College. Should a suitable candidate not be found, external candidates will be considered.
Mohawk College is an equal opportunity employer that is committed to inclusive, barrier-free recruitment and selection processes. If you are contacted regarding an employment opportunity, please advise Human Resources (or the hiring manager) if you require an accommodation.