How to Apply:
Applications can only be accepted online through the Ryerson Career Opportunities page. Link to apply: https://hr.cf.ryerso.._id=185754
At the intersection of mind and action, Ryerson is on a transformative path to become Canada’s leading comprehensive innovation university. Integral to this path is the placement of equity, diversity and inclusion as fundamental to our institutional culture. Our current academic planoutlines each as core values and we work to embed them in all that we do.
As an employer, we’re working towards a people first culture and we're proud to have been selected as one of Canada's Best Diversity Employers and one of Greater Toronto's Top Employer for 2015, 2016, and 2017. To learn more about our work environment and innovative educational environment, visit http://www.ryerson.ca, check out@RyersonU, @RyersonHR, and @RyersonECI on Twitter, and visit our LinkedIn company page.
About University Relations
Telling the Ryerson story — that's the role of University Relations. Through a creative and integrated program of marketing, communications and government relations, University Relations works with partners inside and outside of the university to enhance the profile and reputation of Ryerson University.
Within University Relations, the Marketing and Creative Services Team offers a suite of integrated marketing, branding, creative design, production and digital services to achieve strategic objectives and bring marketing initiatives to life. Our goal is to create high-quality marketing, advertising and communications solutions that enhance Ryerson’s brand and reputation, and to help promote our programs and vision - to be recognized as Canada’s leading comprehensive innovation university.
The Opportunity: Social Media Specialist
We are looking for an outgoing, professional, self-starter as our Social Media Specialist who will be responsible for central social media communications for Ryerson University. The candidate will develop and distribute content across social media channels, ensuring that messages are on-brand, consistently and persuasively articulated in social channels to enhance Ryerson University’s presence and reputation. They are also responsible for the collection of data on social media activities to be shared within the University Relations team and report their findings.
- Ensures online communication opportunities and messages are brand-appropriate and target key audiences
- Encourages online community activities, involvement and discussion
- Participates and attends in the promotion of community projects for clients from across the university
- Provides advice to leverage social media, related content and branding
- Provides research, market analysis and reporting of social media on campaigns and daily outreach
- On occasion, travel is required across campus in the pursuit of social media content
- Collaboratively engages with team members to develop and distribute social media content
- Successful completion of a post-secondary diploma program in communications, public relations, marketing or in a related field and a minimum of two (2) years of relevant social media experience participating in a wide variety of social media activities.
- Strong working knowledge of media relations and communications is required.
- Demonstrated experience tweeting, photo sharing, social bookmarking, commenting, blogging, analytics and content production across online channels.
- Experience in promotion planning such as planning campaigns for events, launches, etc.
- Knowledge of social media channels, platforms, and emerging technologies (i.e. Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, IGTV, YouTube, LinkedIn, Snapchat)
- Excellent problem solving skills and resourcefulness when responding to and directing inquiries from internal and external clients.
- Strong interpersonal, communication, creativity skills to compose social media content and provide presentations.
- Experience providing reporting and analysis of social media metrics.
- Proficiency in MS Office (i.e. Word, Excel, PowerPoint), Google Applications, and Social Media Monitoring and Management tools/programs.
- Commitment to client service and working collaboratively with students, staff, faculty and external stakeholders.
- Strong attention to detail to ensure accuracy and reliability.
- Self-starter and ability to take initiative to undertake projects, prioritize tasks and anticipate needs of the department and University.
- Must be able to work under pressure, prioritize and coordinate multiple deadlines.
- Commitment and working knowledge to support Ryerson's principles of Equity, Diversity, and Inclusion (EDI), and the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA).
- An ability to work independently and as an effective team member.
- Flexibility to work evenings and weekends to attend events, launches, etc. is part of the position.
- Candidates may be asked to demonstrate qualifications through occupational testing as a first step in the evaluation process prior to being granted an interview.
- Candidates must have a demonstrated record of dependability/reliability and a commitment to maintain confidentiality.
- Applications can only be accepted online through the Ryerson Career Opportunities page by clicking on 'Apply Now'.
Equity and Community Inclusion at Ryerson University
Ryerson University is strongly committed to fostering diversity within our community. We welcome those who would contribute to the further diversification of our staff, our faculty and its scholarship including, but not limited to, women, visible minorities, Aboriginal people, persons with disabilities, and persons of any sexual orientation or gender identity. Please note that all qualified candidates are encouraged to apply but applications from Canadians and permanent residents will be given priority.