Under the direction of the Public Information Manager, designs, develops and maintains the Regina Police Service Web Site; identifies, develops and implements media development innovations; and assists the Public Information Manager with media relations, strategic communication planning, corporate communication and corporate event management.
(1) Develop, design, and implement a content management system for the Regina Police Service website.
(2) Design, develop, create and maintain the Regina Police Service main website.
(3) Research, write, edit and post approved website material.
(4) Link, manage and update subscribers to our website, Facebook, Twitter, etc. using RSS feeds.
(5) Develop Regina Police Service’s social media exposure.
(6) Assist in developing strategy and policy for Regina Police Service use of social media.
(7) Direct or deal with all requests coming in to the website content manager.
(8) Assist Public Information Manager to prepare, coordinate, distribute and retain news and media releases.
(9) Assist the Public Information Manager to respond to media inquiries and conduct interviews with members of the news media.
(1) Degree or diploma in website development or a related field, including understanding of content management systems. Must have at least three years experience in website development, experience with social media as part of a strategic communications plan, and experience with digital marketing.
(2) Extensive related professional work experience supported by references and a portfolio.
(3) Design and development of web-based applications and frameworks. Technical aptitude and knowledge of web technologies, HTML, relevant software such as Dreamweaver, SharePoint, Adobe Acrobat, Photoshop, Illustrator, as well as web browsers such as Firefox and Internet Explorer; as well as a working knowledge of web analytics (Google, Facebook, etc.).
(4) Superior writing and communication skills. Ability to express and communicate ideas, concepts and complex programs, both written and orally, to a variety of audiences. Proficient in the English language. Demonstrated writing, editing, proofreading and researching skills.
(5) Photography and videography would be an asset.
(6) Understanding of portal, collaborative and social networking technologies, hand-held communication devices, etc., and the ability to troubleshoot on website and social media technologies and to adapt to continuous change in a dynamic environment.
(7) Proven ability to organize, prioritize and meet tight deadlines when critical events occur, e.g. daily deadlines for top stories, public safety notices, most media requests, etc.
(8) Demonstrated and documented effective interpersonal skill with the ability to work alone or in a team environment.
(9) Valid Class 5 driver’s license.
Competition No.: RPS13-032
Open Date: November 27, 2013
Close Date: December 11, 2013
Salary: $54,445 to $70,548 per annum
Committed to Employment Equity