Based in Stratford, Ontario, the Stratford Festival is one of the world’s foremost repertory theatre companies. It operates year round, presenting a season of about a dozen plays each year between the months of April and November, a rich stream of digital content and hundreds of Forum events, designed to deepen understanding of the plays. For every person a theatregoer sees on our stages, we have seven people working behind the scenes, some of the world’s most dedicated and experienced arts workers. At this time we are undergoing a culture shift to support anti-racism and anti-oppression and ensure a respectful, equitable and inclusive environment in which all staff, artists and audience members can feel a true sense of belonging.
If you would like to be part of this change and contribute your own remarkable talents to North America’s largest not-for-profit theatre, we’d like to hear from you. We are currently welcoming applications for:
Social Media Coordinator – 14 Month Contract
This position reports to the Director of Marketing or designate and is part of the Marketing team.
- Manage our online community to promote audience engagement, increase ticket and subscription sales and drive membership sales
- Develop and write stories and content engage existing audience and attract new followers
- Manage and grow the Stratford Festival’s social community and drive strategic social marketing efforts through both organic and paid campaigns
- Track, report and analyze social media campaigns
- Manage and respond to comments and question on social media
- Track social media trends and creative user-engagement opportunities
- Post-secondary diploma or degree in marketing or related field
- Interest in theatre and the arts is essential and knowledge of Stratford Festival is advantageous
- Strong knowledge of current digital and social media platforms, trends and technologies. Experience using Facebook Ads Manager preferred
- Proven ability to strategize and execute integrated marketing campaigns
- Excellent copy writing skills, ability to develop marketing/advertising content and manage creative requests for digital projects
- Demonstrated ability to handle social communication effectively and tactfully
- Proven ability to work independently
- Ability to work in fast-paced, highly collaborative work environment
- Discretion, diplomacy and tact in dealing with all stakeholders and strong relationship building skills
Preference will be given to candidates with two or more years’ experience working in a digital marketing role.
This full-time contract position is located in Stratford, Ontario, and will begin mid-Aprilfor 14 months, with the possibility of extension. This position will require the candidate to embrace a flexible work schedule, including evenings and weekends as required. This position will involve both remote and onsite work in Stratford Ontario when required.
Job Type: Full Time Contract
Annual Salary: $39,000 to $48,000
The Festival is creating a safe and healthy workplace for everyone. We welcome applicants of every identity, and encourage applications from Indigenous, Black, People of Colour, Deaf, disabled and 2SLGBTQ+ folks. We are committed to accommodating people with disabilities throughout the recruitment process and beyond. If you require accommodation (including, but not limited to, an accessible interview site, alternate format documents, ASL Interpreter, or Assistive Technology) during the recruitment and selection process, please let our Recruitment team know.
Perfect your job application with VisualCV so you can get hired faster!