The Communications and Marketing team are creators and instigators. Yes, they obsess over details, like commas, fonts, and data points, but they also mix with big ideas. They get people talking, get them stoked and inspired for adventure.
As a Social Media Community Specialist, you’ll work with an inclusive, hands-on, collaborative group creating unique and engaging content across all of our social media channels.
You’ll always be learning, and there’s a good chance your co-workers will inspire you to try something new, like riding a Fondo, bouldering or paddleboarding.
What you do:
- Execute MEC’s social media strategy with the communications and marketing team.
- Create engaging and inspiring content that supports programs, campaigns and initiatives.
- Ensure content planning, production and publishing is on time and on brief.
- Maintain and update an editorial content calendar.
- Schedule and organize departments who generate content on a daily basis.
- Monitor social networks for potential threats and opportunities.
- Contribute bright ideas to creative concepts that surround our content and brand.
- Review and analyze social KPIs on a weekly, monthly and quarterly basis.
- Action feedback from reports, analyses and recommendations into concrete plans.
- Research trends, emerging technology and opportunities to innovate within the social
What you bring:
- Bachelor's Degree in Journalism, Communications, English or related discipline.
- 3-5 years’ experience with digital media and/or social media marketing.
- Great communication skills – you listen first, then share knowledge. This goes for both speaking and writing.
- Savviness with the social media ecosystem and understanding how to effectively manage a social community.
- Understanding of popular social networks - design, functionality, users.
- Ability to handle projects, lots of projects, at the same time, while keeping your cool and managing your time effectively
- Demonstrated experience using social media management tools at an enterprise level (e.g. Hootsuite).
- Ability to think and act strategically.
- A good attitude when contributing to a team, and a focused mind when working solo.
- Experience in the retail industry and/or digital agency a plus.
- Personal participation in social networking and online communities.
- You’re stoked on something: you love to log miles, organize hut trips, or do something active every day.
- You know the inside out of the retail industry and/or digital agencies.
- Vous êtes bilingue ( français et anglais) .