Questrade Inc., headquartered in Toronto, provides Canadians with high-speed, direct access trading to the U.S. and Canadian stock and options markets as well as forex trading. Since its inception in 1999, Questrade has demonstrated its competitive leadership with a combination of outstanding service, advanced technology and competitive pricing structures. Visit our website at www.questrade.com
We are looking for an individual with demonstrated success as a social media writer ideally with background in financial services. Excellent communications and relationship management skills are essential attributes for the ideal candidate. An ability to write persuasively, particularly for social media, is critical to this role.
Questrade, Inc. has a unique opportunity for an experienced Social Media Communications Specialist. Questrade is Canada’s fastest-growing online brokerages and is a market leader in providing affordable direct-access trading solutions to independent investors. This full-time position reports to the Communications Manager, and will work closely with other members of the communications team, the marketing team and on strategic cross-departmental initiatives.
- Write compelling copy for social media sites, including Twitter, Facebook and Questrade blog
- Write, edit and collaborate on communications, both informational and promotional and with a focus on social media, that further Questrade’s core business
- Adapt and optimize copy for multiple platforms and channels, including web, mobile, tablet, blogs, forums and video
- Write “one-to-many” client support communications in forums, including responding to new clients, answer common trading questions, etc.
Social media responsibilities
- Moderate and monitor blogs, forums, twitter, Facebook and any other social media channels. Provide strategic leadership and respond to comments in social media channels.
- Monitor trends and demographics.
- Create and manage campaigns to generate leads
- Enforce a set of user rules and guidelines
- Get immediate, real-time feedback and report on user feedback and activity
- Create targets for participation levels: prepare and implement plan to attract and maintain user levels; create promotions to achieve targeted participation levels
- Manage in-house contributors: solicit and edit contributions/regular posts from Questrade staff
Project management / marketing
- Build relationships with external stakeholders including bloggers, forum hosts, and clients
- Build on and champion a strong Questrade voice in all channels
- Collaborate with internal stakeholders, providing a social media solution for marketing, sales, client services and trade desk
- Develop and implement strategic communications plans
Qualifications Experience and education
- A degree or certificate in English, marketing, communications or advertising (or related field), and a minimum of 1 year of relevant experience
- Experience or education in Public Relations (PR) is an asset
- Knowledge of the stock market and familiarity with financial services and investment products
- Familiarity with day-to-day brokerage operations, specifically Questrade internal procedures
- Loves to learn and demonstrates a commitment to learning Questrade’s business
- Highly creative and imaginative
- Excellent grammar, writing, editing, and proofreading skills; ability to contribute to and follow style guide
- Proven understanding of the different language styles that appeal to various target markets
- Knowledge and interest in writing for social media (Twitter, blogs and forums, Facebook)
- Ability to write clearly about complex topics (samples required)
- Proven experience writing for various mediums, and delivering key messages through a variety of communication methods and outlets
- Able to amend, revise or redevelop copydecks based on internal feedback or in response to results
- Takes ownership of tasks and drives projects through to completion
- Highly self-motivated and able to hit the ground running
- Reliable, self-starter with attention to detail and passion for quality
- Outstanding organizational and administrative skills, detail-oriented, and resourceful
- Able to work under pressure while managing workloads effectively
- Able to see the big picture while paying attention to the smallest end details
- Easily follow established processes and procedures
- Willingness to multi-task and be flexible to take on varied responsibilities
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to work across all levels and departments in the organization
- Ability to work independently and in a team as well as with a range of project stakeholders
Nice to have
- Knowledge of the stock market
- Experience or an interest in marketing communications.