Social Media/Communications Assistant contract
Closing Date - May 27, 2016
This is a 6 month position with an end date of December 31, 2016.
The University of Alberta Museums seeks a dynamic, team-oriented Social Media/Communications Assistant to support the enhancement of University of Alberta Museums social media channels and platforms, redevelopment of the University of Alberta Museums web-site, and e-mail communication and marketing strategies. The University of Alberta Museums is a distributed network of 29 diverse museum collections located in faculties and departments across campus where they are used daily in teaching, research and community outreach programs. The University of Alberta’s collecting history dates back more than 100 years and includes disciplines that range from art and archeology to paleontology and zoology. The University of Alberta Museums Galleries at Enterprise Square offers diverse programming that celebrates new knowledge and discoveries through exhibitions, pubic programs, and special events.
- Assists in the development of online content and work with live and scheduled social media management systems
- Researches methods and platforms for updated social media practices
- Assists in the development of social media processes and an implementation plan
- Assists in the development of web content, best practices and posting content through a Content Management System (CMS)
- Identifies additional channels to share website content
- Collects data from Google Analytics and develop standard reports
- Monitors e-mail campaigns and create basic reports
- Uses in-place processes to promote events through various channels (e.g. event calendars, listservs, etc.)
- The ideal candidate will have a post-secondary degree in communications, journalism, public relations, and/or related field; equivalent combinations of education and experience will be considered
- Experience with online communication & management tools, including Industry Mailout, Facebook, Twitter, Tweetdeck and Hootsuite
- Understanding of industry-standard social media, blog, and e-mail newsletter management tools
- Experience with Content Management Systems
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Knowledge of Google Analytics and other online analytics programs is an asset
- Knowledge of the variety of ways audiences interact with businesses online and through social media
- Experience in not-for-profit, galleries or museums is an asset
- Core competencies include: achievement orientation, analytical thinking, business insight, conceptual thinking, flexibility, impact and influence, organizational awareness, planning and initiative, self-confidence, self-development, sense of urgency, team leadership and team cooperation
Interested individuals should submit a cover letter and resume with three (3) references by May 27, 2016 to Christina Marocco, Administrative Team Lead.