Are you a passionate creative with an eye for identifying eye-catching photos and a knack for creating the perfect caption? Do you get excited when you get to engage with your followers and have a dialogue? Can you build rapport on and off camera with partners to build relationships to help reach new audiences? For you, it’s not just about likes or follows, but about making meaningful and useful content to build a community. You’re looking for a big challenge that holds big opportunities—and you’ll find that at Thinkific!
Working as the Social Media and Community Manager, you are just as comfortable outlining a social strategy as you are rolling up your sleeves to dive into content creation. You will be the brand voice across all our social media channels and online communities, and have the know-how to craft compelling, unique content customized for each social platform. We’re rapidly growing here at Thinkific and this role will play a big part in how we expand our reach, increase our engagement with existing course creators, and ultimately revolutionize the way people learn and earn online.
In this role, you will:
- Outline and execute a social strategy designed to generate new traffic and leads across all of our platforms
- Plan and maintain a social content calendar posting to YouTube, LinkedIn, Twitter, Instagram, Facebook, and any new emerging and relevant network
- Create, edit and publish content on social, engaging and managing any comments from our community
- Engage in social listening to identify and respond to conversations where there is a natural tie in to build relationships
- Liaise with industry influencers and partners to optimize our social reach and engagement
- Build social media plans for priority events, in order to ensure we’re engaging pre, during, and post events
- Foster continued engagement in our social communities—owning and driving these communities—including our Thinkific members’ Facebook group
- Identify social content collaboration opportunities with partners, including conducting livestreams on YouTube, Instagram, and LinkedIn
- Design and track metrics to evaluate the ROI success of various social media platforms used and its engagement of users through analytics
- Wear your conversion optimization hat to test and optimize social messages to drive the most appropriate conversions/outcomes
- Foster an open, collaborative, and inclusive environment for the marketing team
To be successful in this role, you must:
- Have 3+ years of experience working as a social media or community manager and are looking to take your career to the next level
- Demonstrate a strong understanding of best practices across all social media platforms, and enjoy crafting content/posts for all social platforms, including LinkedIn, Twitter, Facebook, and Instagram
- Have experience with live streaming tools and are comfortable being on camera for live stream or podcast interviews
- Be passionate about and have experience doing social media marketing and running marketing campaigns for a SaaS company
You might be the person we’re looking for if you:
- Are passionate about creating inspiring and helpful content to help businesses succeed
- Can speak to past wins building community and driving traffic and leads from social media marketing
- Get excited about digital marketing and business growth. We're building our own company by helping thousands of entrepreneurs around the globe build theirs—it doesn’t get more rewarding than this!
- Constantly think outside the box, coming up with creative ways to dominate and reignite channels and connections (rapid growth is the name of the game!)
- Plan optimization and growth experiments in your sleep. Terms like CTR, LTV, Open Rates, Analytics, A/B Testing and Acquisition Funnels are also regular parts of your vocabulary!
Bonus points if you:
- Previously worked at a SaaS company during a high growth stage
- Already created your own online course (extra points if you’ve used Thinkific)! If you’ve created your own online course, you already know exactly how our customers think (and how we can find more of them).
We’re about the results of online learning and the people along the way! Thinkific is a software platform that enables entrepreneurs to create, market, sell, and deliver their own online courses.
Our mission is no less than to revolutionize the way people learn and earn online by giving them the tools they need to turn their expertise into a sustainable business that impacts both them and their audience. We believe in meaningful, innovative work: we're building and expanding an incredible product that empowers course creators around the globe while working collaboratively to learn and succeed together. Together, we’ve served over 40,000 course creators and more than 10 million students, and these numbers are growing each day!
Why we think you’ll like working with us:
- Be part of a team of incredibly talented, passionate, and driven people focused on building and innovating on a best-in-class learning platform
- Make an impact with your work—each person has an equal opportunity to contribute to our goals and every day, we get to see how Thinkific is empowering both course creators and their students
- Join one of the fastest-growing companies in Vancouver and find opportunities to grow in your own career—offering advancement opportunities for our team members is important to us!
- Contribute to Thinkific’s award-winning culture—we’re one of Canada’s Most Admired Corporate Cultures and a certified Great Place to Work!
- We offer competitive salaries, a comprehensive benefits package including health, dental, and vision coverage, and an Employee and Family Assistance Program to support the wellbeing of you and your family
- Get additional health and wellness support through a lifestyle or health spending account to put your dollars where you need it most
- Enjoy our open vacation policy and flexible work environment, because we know the importance of having a great work-life balance (and sometimes, you do your best work in slippers)
- Learn and Grow is one of our values and we take it seriously, providing opportunities through lunch and learns, training, workshops, mentorship, and our $1500 education allowance
- Our team spends time together outside of work, too—we have board game nights, have gone rock climbing, hosted family BBQs, a weekly cookie club (that’s right!), and each year, we host an annual retreat on Gambier Island
- Grow your career AND your family at Thinkific—you’ll be taken care of with our parental leave top-ups as you add to your family
- Our office is close to major transit routes, bike-friendly, and centrally located at the intersection of some of Vancouver’s coolest neighborhoods
- Stay fuelled with healthy snacks, free coffee and tea, kombucha, and the occasional Friday beer and cider
- Hang out with the @dogsofthinkific (and yes, they’re as cute and cuddly as they look)
- Work with the hardware you’re most comfortable with, and upgrade or replace your system when you need to with our technology bonus
- Stay fit with subsidized gym access or by joining one of Thinkific’s sports teams
- Be confident bringing your whole self to work—we’re proud to be an inclusive company with a diverse team and values grounded in ethics and equality
- Thinkific welcomes all applicants regardless of race, gender, orientation, sexual identity, economic class, ability, disability, age, religious beliefs or disbeliefs, or status. We believe that different perspectives and backgrounds are what make a company flourish and we welcome you!
This is an incredible role for the right candidate. We can’t wait to meet you!
Perfect your job application with VisualCV so you can get hired faster!