Be part of changing the way Edmontonians travel around the City in the future. We have a bold, progressive vision outlined in 'The Way We Move' Transportation Master Plan. As the Social Marketing Program Coordinator, you will be involved in shifting behaviour from reliance on driving alone as a means of transportation to incorporating more sustainable transportation uses such as transit, cycling, walking and carpooling.
What part will you play? You'll be very involved with:
- Exploring new ways to promote the shift to sustainable transportation
- Coordinating involvement of stakeholders to reach new audiences
- Planning and managing special events
- Coordinating and attending outreach and public events; preparing information materials and displays
- Building and maintaining tools, information and programs such as the commuter options program and the web-based ride matching program
- Implementing a social media strategy as part of the education/marketing program
- Using blogs, twitter and social media tools to share stories, answer questions and encourage others to make more sustainable transportation mode choices
- Providing support to stakeholder committees including terms of reference, logistics, agendas, minutes and reports
- Bachelor's degree in education, business, social sciences, communications or a related field
- A minimum of 3 years related experience in marketing and public education prograns, including some directly related experience with social change at a broad level
- Excellent interpersonal and written communication skills; ability to develop contacts and networks
- Ability to build and maintain trust with clients and work effectively with the media, stakeholders and committees
- Thorough knowledge of trends in social marketing, mass communications and advertising
- Demonstrated knowedge and experience using social media tools as part of a public education program
- Background in transporation or urban planning an asset
- Applicants may be tested.
- Possession of a valid Class 5 Alberta Motor Vehicle Operators License (or Operators Licensing equivalent recognized by the Operators Licensing and Vehicle Control Regulation, Alta.Reg.320/2002) and eligibility to obtain a City drivers permit
Hours of Work: 33.75 hours per week. Some evening and weekend work.
Salary Range: 21M, Salary Grade: 019, $29.808 - $37.467 (Hourly), $2,012.04 - $2,529.02 (Bi-weekly), $52,514.24 - $66,007.49 (Annually). The rates quoted are in accordance with a collective agreement between the Union and the City of Edmonton. This union contract is currently under negotiation.
- Civic Service Union 52 members are asked to send a copy of their application to the union office.
- The City of Edmonton thanks applicants for their interest in this opportunity. Candidates considered for the position will be contacted.
- We are an equal opportunity employer. We welcome diversity and encourage applications from all qualified individuals.
The Province of Alberta is a party to the federal Agreement on Internal Trade, the Trade, Investment and Labour Mobility Agreement with British Columbia, and the New West Partnership with British Columbia and Saskatchewan. All of these agreements promote labour mobility between the provinces.
Applicants may obtain information regarding recognition of extraprovincial credentials at www.tilma.ca.
Human Resources Consultant: KC/AC
Classification Title: Recreation Officer I
Posting Date: Mar 24, 2011
Closing Date - 11:00pm on: Apr 7, 2011
Number of Openings (up to): 2 - Permanent Full-time
Union : CSU 52
Department: Administration Transportation Planning (Transportation Department)
Work Location(s): Century Place, 13th Floor (244), 9803 - 102A Avenue, Edmonton, T5J 3A3