This position has been previously posted; previous applicants do not need to reapply.
This position offers a comprehensive benefits package which can be viewed at: www.hrs.ualberta.ca.
The Faculty of Physical Education and the Alberta Centre for Active Living are implementing a physical activity intervention project aimed at increasing the prevalence of ambulatory behavior (walking) in the province of Alberta. The project will be a multi-level, multi-strategy, multi-sectoral intervention.
Reporting to the Project Coordinator, the Social Marketing and Communications Coordinator is responsible for the planning, development and implementation of the entire project’s social marketing strategies, social marketing communications, and public relations activities, both external and internal. The position oversees development and implementation of support materials and services for the project in the area of marketing, communications and public relations. In addition the position will be responsible writing, editing and/or coordination of all print and web-based educational and marketing materials including newsletters, research reports, web site content, promotional postcards and project materials.
- Responsible for creating, implementing and measuring the success of a comprehensive social marketing, communications and public relations program that will enhance the project’s image and position within the physical activity landscape, project stakeholders and the general public
- Facilitates internal and external communications and all project social marketing, communications and public relations activities and materials including all print and web-based educational and marketing materials
- Ensures articulation of project’s desired brand, message and position
- Assures consistent communication of brand, image and position to all stakeholders, both internal and external
- Responsible for editorial direction, design, production and distribution of all project publications
- Coordinates media interest in the project and ensure regular contact with target media and appropriate response to media requests
- Acts as the project’s representative with the media
- Coordinates the appearance of all project print and electronic materials such as letterhead, use of logo, brochures, etc.
- Leads projects as assigned, such as cause-related marketing and special events
- Responsible for the achievement of marketing/communications/public relations mission, goals and financial objectives
- Ensures that evaluation systems are in place related to these goals and objectives and report progress to the Project Manager and Principal Investigator
- Develops short- and long-term plans and budgets for the marketing/communications/public relations program and its activities; monitors progress, assures adherence and evaluates performance
- Recommends short- and long-term project goals and objectives to the Project Manager
- Develops, implements and monitors systems and procedures necessary to the smooth operation of the marketing/communications/public relations function
- Keeps informed of developments in the fields of social marketing, communications and public relations and the field of physical activity and health promotion and use this information to help the project operate with initiative and innovation
- Bachelors degree in physical activity, health promotion, marketing and communication, or related field
- One to two years of related experience in communications and health promotion
- Demonstrated experience in project management
- Experience in event management, including coordinating volunteers
- Demonstrated ability to work in a team environment
- Demonstrated ability to forge key partnerships with external stakeholders
- Knowledge related to the field of physical activity and health promotion
- Experience in academic and professional publications and presentations