REPORTS TO: Vice President, Sales and Marketing
CLASSIFICATION: Contract position (approximately 12 months)
The primary purpose of this role is to develop and execute data capture, email marketing campaigns, and social media communications, with a goal of 1 million email subscribers in 5 years.
- Sole administrator of Blue Mountain’s official Facebook and Twitter business pages; Updates YouTube channel as required; Monitors activity and responds accordingly.
- Create email campaigns using a combination of online/software resources; Follows up with tracking reports to relevant stakeholders, copywriting, managing database and complying with legislation.
- Coordinates with the Social Media Team to develop and implement tactical social media marketing strategies to attract and engage foreign audiences.
- Assist colleagues & team as necessary, including but not limited to proof reading/editing of copy, capturing photos for the website.
- Keep informed about new media channels and industry trends as they apply to social media and email marketing.
- Develop and social media strategy each peak season including: contesting, content schedule.
- Monitoring and curating content for social media and promotion.
- Completion of University Degree or College Diploma in related field;
- Proven track record of handling multiple tasks and working in a fast paced environment;
- Working knowledge of HTML and CSS is required;
- Working knowledge of Excel, PowerPoint, Word, Outlook is required;
- Working knowledge of Photoshop, Dreamweaver, Acrobat and Illustrator an asset;
- Understanding of Email Marketing best practices an asset;
- Previous experience in Marketing, Broadcasting, Communications or related field is an asset;
- An enthusiast of our Core Sports (Skiing/ Snowboarding, Golf or Biking) an asset;
- Understanding of the Resort and Travel Industry an asset;
- Demo reel illustrating previous on-air experience is an asset;
Work hours – Monday to Friday, on-call as needed and 24 hours – monitoring social media