Summary of Job:
The SEO & SEM Strategy Consultant is a technology expert who will leverage a deep understanding of data analysis, product features and SEO/SEM strategies.
The successful candidate will support the sales and marketing teams to foster current and generate new online business. The candidate will have solid client facing skills with a deep understanding of SaaS models, and an uncanny ability to convey digital strategy recommendations to a non tech savvy audience. They will become an Automotive Dealer operation expert, with an understanding of challenges the Dealers are facing on daily basis.
Key Areas of Responsibility:
- Reports directly to the National Senior Manager, Online Consulting as an integrated part of the corporate growth and sales strategy while working closely with Auto Dealers and Account Managers focusing on client performance, product competitive studies and optimization reviews.
- Facilitate coaching of sales team on digital best practices, SEO/SEM trends, Trader products and solutions
- Act as a liaison between creative and product departments to help resolve technical issues to further client’s satisfaction, retention
- Work closely with the Sales Account Managers and digital professionals at Trader Corporation to assist, establish and build strong targeted online strategies
- Build and manage relationships with strategic partners and acquire an in-depth understanding of their business and strategy with respect to product offerings in order to maintain and increase partner revenues. Create a strategy with the goal to evaluate potential markets and competitive analytical studies in unexploited territories and look for new sources of revenue for our sales force.
- Produce and analyze various reports with the goal of measuring results and adjusting online sales strategies. Drive the process to define technical specifications, system scope and objectives through engagement with key stakeholders and business users
- Proactively identifies emerging trends in portfolio performance metrics, its key drivers, and its impact on future performance expectations.
- Very strong analytical and statistical skills, attention to detail, and technical aptitude
- A winning attitude and an influential personality who is gifted at multi-dimensional, relationship selling and working with sales professionals as their partner.
- A high achiever with a strong track record of specialty sales success – loves selling to senior executives
- Decisive and focused – understands what needs to be done and moves quickly to that end
- Strategic; gets the bigger picture – can communicate a vision and deliver on it
- Ambitious, internal drive – requires minimal direction
- Crisp, professional and articulate
- Credible; does what he/she says he/she is going to do.
- Gives sense of immediate trust and credibility – uncompromising integrity
- A team player
- Internally and externally focused with the patience required to make large sales
- A strong understanding of search engines, search engine optimization, critical updates (eg., Penguin/Panda/Hummingbird/Pigeon) and other factors that influence rankings with Search Engines.
- Effective understanding of link building techniques, compliance with Google's Webmaster Guidelines, authority sculpting, site redirect strategies, URL rewriting methods and best practices.
- Expert understanding of Web UI (CSS3, HTML5, jQuery, Mobile Design, user experience, browser compatibility, landing and conversion page design)
- Experience in advanced web analytics methodologies including A/B and multivariate testing, with proven ability to apply web behavioral data to influence web design
- Some familiarity with Photoshop and illustrative tools is an asset.
- Understand development processes for web-based applications and have experience in web information architecture, usability and web analytics
- Understanding of key social trends and media platforms (Facebook, YouTube and Twitter) and how they can be used to shape brand identity.
- Google Adwords Advanced Certification and BING Ads Certificate is an asset.
- Demonstrated proficiency using Google Analytics, Google AdWords in a professional capacity.
- Bachelors and /or Master’s Degree, preferably in Computer Science, Engineering or Information Systems with 5+ years of relevant experience.
- Analyzes complex business problems and issues using data from internal and external sources to provide insight to decision-makers.