Wallop is seeking an experienced SEO / SEM Specialist, someone who’s passionate about search marketing and has a strong interest in usability, making sense of data, and optimizing for conversions.
We approach search marketing differently. While it’s important that you have the fundamentals of SEM, you will be expected to approach each project in a solution agnostic manner that puts emphasis on increasing revenue as efficiently as possible within the confines of each budget. There is less focus here on selling off the shelf products and more emphasis on building tailored solutions that take into account the many nuances of an organization, the vertical it operates in, its customers, and of course its fiscal confines. We are big on measurement and changing course to address new opportunities or trends in the marketplace.
This position requires the planning and implementation of organic search engine optimization and pay-per-click campaigns for a growing roster of clients. You will assist the Digital Strategist with the execution of targeted campaigns and tailored digital strategies.
On a day to day basis, you will be managing SEO and SEM campaigns, performing keyword research, writing ad copy, building reports, and providing clients with strategic advice.
- Strong understanding and experience with SEO, SEM, and Google Analytics
- Experience doing keyword research, setting up and managing Google Ad campaigns
- Strong understanding of the technical implementation of SEO strategies and tracking
- Experience setting up dashboards, funnels, events, and goals in GA
- Capable of doing reporting and presentation of data to clients
- Strong understanding of goals, events, tracking, conversions, and ecommerce optimization
- Ability to do basic SEO and manage a portfolio of clients
- Able to build a strong SEO campaign and tweak on an ongoing basis
- Strong understanding of search engine algorithms and white hat techniques
- Capable of doing keyword research and analysis
- Must be a strong writer, with ability to write good ad copy
- Independently manage multiple projects with minimal supervision
- Strong understanding of content and its effect on organic rankings
- Excellent communication, research and analytical skills
- Charm, civility, and basic communication skills
- Email & phone étiquette
Bonus points for:
- Google AdWords certification
- Knowledge of Webmaster Tools, Moz, and SEM Rush
- Basic understanding of UX and usability principles as it applies to websites
- Know your way around a Mac
- Knowledge of SEO basics and tracking
- Experience with heat maps, multivariate testing, and landing page optimization