WE ARE AN EXPERIENCE DESIGN AGENCY WITH A RELENTLESS FOCUS ON THE CUSTOMER.
The way a customer experiences a brand has a profound impact on perception, purchase behavior and loyalty. That’s why our work begins and ends with our clients’ customers. We listen to them. Validate with them. We even include them in our design process. By creating customer experiences that are simple, valuable, entertaining, and convenient, we deliver measurable results for some of the world’s most admired brands.
TODAY WE’RE 950 PEOPLE IN 11 OFFICES ON 4 CONTINENTS.
We love diverse points of view, open minds, and people who are passionate, driven, and real. And we love all things digital, too.
SEO LEAD (CONTRACT)
The SEO Lead will join an expert team of holistic minded search marketers. The approach is to lead with insight driven strategies driven by content/experience opportunities and strong technical backbone. Although client websites/apps and digital experiences are the key focus areas, this role is also encouraged to provide strategies and recommendations that demonstrate a deep understanding of clients overall businesses. For your clients, you will own the definition and execution of our search strategies including performance tracking, continual optimization and improvement. This role has time to think but is also required to have frequent communication (can be written, phone and/or in person) with Critical Mass teammates and senior level clients including occasional travel to client sites. This role requires extensive experience in unlocking the stories found in data that can drive performance content opportunities in a competitive and fast-paced environment.
- Own the development and execution of search driven strategies for a range of clients.
- While focusing primarily on searcher behavior, also leverage a wide range of additional research sources to find key insights and then communicate them effectively to the wider teams
- Demonstrate knowledge and utilization of advanced productivity and automation concepts to reduce time spent gathering data while maximizing development of insights and strategies
- Define search driven guidelines around page content, mobile friendliness, site architecture, URL structure, page titles, meta descriptions, headings, schema markup, page speed, anchor text, internal linking, site maps, etc.
- Create content strategies in collaboration with the working team that leverage professional and user generated content to maximize return
- Combine paid search and organic search data when available to reduce costs while maximizing key business activities
- Ability to review existing site content, structure and technology and provide optimization recommendations.
- Define search requirements and provide direction to copywriters, designers and engineers while quality checking implementation.
- Develop a framework and reports to systematically track and improve search performance for multiple clients at once
- Stay up-to-date with changes in how search engines measure authority
- Build and maintain a network of industry experts to stay on the cutting edge.
- Expertise in specific markets and geographies.
- Content development best practices.
- 5+ years of SEO experience within an agency environment– ideally with multiple websites.
- Demonstrated achievements in systematically improving search rankings that translated into traffic growth and improved site conversion.
- In depth knowledge of user experience concepts
- Strong presentation skills with an emphasis on crafting compelling visual stories in slide format
- Strong technical understanding as it relates to early SEO in the web development process, and the ability to work in partnership with a development team.
- Excellent business acumen, results-orientation and communication skills.
- Very strong analytical skills with a demonstrated ability to leverage multiple data sources to inform decision-making.
- Systematic approach to identifying opportunities/issues, defining solutions and executing action plans.
- Great attention to detail combined with the ability to prioritize and meet aggressive targets and deadlines.
- Passion for staying current in a rapidly evolving environment and leveraging tools and online forums to gain a competitive edge.
- Be able to adapt to changing consumer behavior and emerging trends changing on a daily basis.