SEO Coordinator full-time
You can lead a horse to water and maybe even get him to drink. You know the secrets of search engine optimization and love the idea of working for a fast growing organization that is transforming an industry. BuildDirect is changing the way customers buy building materials and we are looking for a skilled SEO coordinator.
The SEO Coordinator, is a key member of the inbound marketing team with the responsibility of driving organic/natural search traffic to our core web properties. Reporting to the Inbound Marketing Manager, the SEO Coordinator will assist in the execution of SEO initiatives, and contributing to strategic measures of the program.
You are an innovative thinker with 1+ year of SEO experience. You have a passion for search and remain updated on latest search engine technologies, news, and SEO best practices. You are a master of shifting focus to different types of projects, demonstrating your ability to work effectively across a team.
- Keyword Research and Analysis on existing and new areas of the business
- Optimize pages and various types of content (images, videos, etc.) based on keywords with highest potential
- Apply Keyword Research to identify content marketing opportunities and priorities
- Monitor performance and rank for core and long-tail keywords, adjusting efforts as required to maintain and improve results
- Develop high quality link strategies - work with internal staff and external contractors to attain relevant & high quality links
- Actively and frequently propose new and improved link acquisition & outreach ideas
- Monitor and improve link growth: enhance domain trust & authority
- Collaborate with IT to find/resolve any potential search engine crawling/indexing issues for web pages
- Suggest content topics, page title and other meta tags based on keyword research
- Provide on-page SEO suggestions on content placement, site architecture, internal linking, URL rewrites & web design
- Optimize blogs, other Wordpress assets, video content, and any other free traffic channels
- Support integrated marketing efforts from an SEO perspective
Expected Outcomes in First Year:
- 50% increase in organic traffic & number of ‘free sample’ leads.
- Maintain sample contribution margin at or above target
- Grow PR5+ sites in link profile by 25%
- 1+ yrs experience in SEO: on-site optimization and architecture, link building and content strategy
- In-depth understanding of the search engine ranking process
- Basic knowledge of HTML, PHP, CSS and web standards. ASP.NET knowledge is a plus.
- Strong analytical skills. Experienced using analytics to identify issues and seek out opportunities
- Technically savvy - comfortable with SEO and design tools. Wordpress experience preferred.
- Highly organized and able to work in a dynamic, fast-paced environment
- Self-starter with ability to manage multiple projects and prioritize tasks
- High levels of integrity and a commitment to do what you say you are going to do
- A desire to learn and continuously improve
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Undergraduate degree in marketing, communications or related field