Senior Web Designer contract
About the Job
We are looking for a Sr. Animator/Graphic Designer to work alongside the CEO, CTO, and Creative Director in a tactically oriented function to meet the graphic design needs of our growing business. We seek a competent and creative designer that has the vision and capability to determine visual requirements that support organizational business goals and implement them quickly and effectively.
The candidate will need to be bright, imaginative, and a capable designer with strong communication skills specifically seeking a smaller environment to work with as a consultant. Most importantly, you want to be in a place that's full of people like you - “A” players who are fiercely intelligent and share a passion for their work.
As part of our team, you will:
- Work with the Creative Director and create concept art and designs for new games, existing games (and their updates), and visible media.
- Develop and refine designs from concept to finish.
- Create animations (Actionscript based) from these concepts.
- Develop flash assets/animations with a focus on application performance.
- Deliver all assets/animations to development team in a timely and efficient manner.
- Responsible for the creation of all online visual design, including typography, visual concept, logo and icon design for the Internet and interactive platforms.
- Minimum of five years’ experience as a graphic designer.
- Minimum of two years of experience in Web design and online marketing.
- Ability to create superior, original designs for the Web.
- Strong design style, including creative design solutions within the constraints of the Internet.
- Understanding of and experience in corporate branding, layout, colour theory and typography in both print and digital media.
- Has demonstrated successful design and integration, and the delivery of projects on time and within the given budget.
- Ability to effective manage multiple projects/tasks of varying complexities, meet deadlines and work well under pressure.
- Ability to work independently on strategic issues with client, capable of managing fairly complex projects.
- Strong conceptual skills, including online software concepts and online experience concepts.
- Ability to illustrate & design concepts from scratch.
- Expert Photoshop user.
- Expert Illustrator & Flash developer.
- 3D Software is a bonus.
- Animation Skills (ActionScript preferred).
- Flash/Flex experience strongly preferred.
If you are ready to take life by the reins and lead through example, if you are qualified and entrepreneurial, if you are goal oriented and a team player, email for further details.