Imagine a world where you are connected to millions of people. Where being connected means bringing new technology to life. Where we make things happen when we work together. Just imagine what being on the leading edge of technology could do for you, for everyone! At Shaw we believe a diverse workforce fosters diversity of thought and perspective, and more diversity means more solutions. We invite all qualified individuals to apply.
Shaw is a family-oriented, Canadian owned business with over 14,000 employees across the country, providing services to more than 3 million customers with top quality cable TV, Internet, digital phone, direct-to-home satellite services, and programming including Global Television and 19 of the country's most popular specialty channels.
Career Opportunity: Senior Web Designer
This role is part of the IT group in a new dynamic department, Online Experience. Specializing in all things digital!
- Graphic design degree, diploma, or equivalent experience, with portfolio
- Minimum five years of proven experience as a leader of online marketing initiatives, strategies and executions
- Proficiency in Adobe Creative Suite including but not limited to Photoshop, InDesign, and Illustrator
- Understanding of user-flow and UX practices
- Able to work on multiple projects simultaneously
- Passionate for design and knowledgeable in cross media production
- Well-developed communication skills for a corporate environment (written, verbal, social)
- Proven aptitude for quick creative thinking with acute attention to detail with demanding deadlines
- In-depth industry knowledge
Role and responsibilities:
- Keep current with online trends and emerging technologies in the digital domain
- Provide thought leadership, mentorship and guidance to all things digital
- Ensure consistent brand standards are met in all internal and externally facing communications
- Self-directed high level of quality design work
- Apply research and analysis to creative development
- Ability to read a brief and understand strategy while recommending appropriate creative executions and appropriate tactics
- Experience with strategic brainstorming, campaign development, creative brief development and creative execution
- Knowledgeable in UX/IA and ability to execute accordingly
- Lead projects, articulate creative goals, set timelines and meet milestones
- Contribute to the development of the design team
- Motivate team to strive for high quality executions
- Maintain a positive and professional collaborative process
- Liaise with vendors and business partners. Provide direction and feedback to ensure the team’s goals are met.
- Collaborate with department team to ensure requirements are known and delivered to ensure opportunity is met.
- Ability to understand and speak in a user, creative and business context with regards to opportunities
- Excellent presentation skills enabling one to explain concepts to stakeholders and team members in well organized and cogent manner
If you value a workplace that promotes accountability, exemplifies loyalty, never compromises integrity and has a strong social conscience then start your career with us by applying now.
We thank all interested applicants; however, only qualified candidates will be contacted. This position requires the successful completion of a criminal background and credit check.
Shaw Communications, through its third party vendor, collects and stores information applicable to the candidate profile you create when you submit the information asked for below. The use and disclosure of the collected information is for the sole purpose of job search and placement activities for Shaw Communications. The information is subject to Personal Information Protection and Electronic Documents Act. The information will be retained and when disposed of, it is done so in a secure manner. Your profile will become inactive and moved to the archive if you do not access your profile for a period of 1 year.