CounterPath is more than softphones. We’re more than a growing tech company. We pride ourselves in being world-class engineers, marketers, designers, builders, mentors and industry disruptors.
We believe that technology will truly revolutionize how we communicate – and we’re driven by our mission to empower organizations with powerful communication tools that are secure, yet flexible for elastic business needs and a growing mobile workforce.
We believe our people are key to success.
Who You Are:
We’re looking for a dynamic individual to join our team as our Sr. Technical Writer. In this role you’ll lead the TechPubs team of two and ensure that deliverables are met, expectations are exceeded, and best in class content is created that meets customer and Company goals. In this hands-on role, you’ll be responsible to gather information through interviewing internal stakeholders, learn our software through and through, and lead the TechPubs group to success. Our ideal candidate is organized, analytical, and collaborative. To be successful in this role you’ll need to be resourceful, creative, and practical.
- Learn and understand product functionality via interviews with stakeholders as well as hands-on experience
- Gather information about target audience needs, and analyze how to structure information to meet those needs
- Produce clear and concise content for customer-facing documents such as Admin Guide, Install Guide, API Guide, and configuration documents
- Optimize content for different audiences using a single source method (e.g., conditional text)
- Analyze existing and potential content, focusing on reuse and single-sourcing opportunities
- Research and select the most appropriate documentation solution that meets requirements and needs at CounterPath
- Manage workload and deliverables of all projects that TechPubs are involved in, prioritize the projects based on company's goals and customer demands, and track and report the progress to the other teams
- Demonstrate leadership in the Technical Publications team
This is a one year maternity leave term with possibility of extension, starting as soon as possible.
Required Skills & Experience:
- 5+ years' experience as a technical writer in the software industry
- At least 2 years' experience in creating documents for IT administrators/professionals
- Experience in creating documents for non-GUI based software (such as CLI or file-based configurations)
- Technical knowledge and understanding of Linux-based server products is an asset
- Understanding of the SIP/VoIP technology is an asset
- Experience with Adobe FrameMaker, Microsoft Word, Microsoft Access, and image-editing programs
- Experience with Adobe FrameMaker conditional text is a must
- Ability to interact effectively with stakeholders from different teams
- Works well independently and within a team, while influencing and supporting
- Strong planning and organizational skills with the ability to work with a high degree of accuracy
- Ability to handle multiple assignments simultaneously to meet competing deadlines, and deal with changing priorities in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to absorb and retain information quickly, specifically complex technical information
- Analytical, critical thinking, and problem-solving skills
With 24 patents under our belt and 20 million downloads of our flagship product, we’re changing the face of telecommunications. Our team is diverse. We’re FIFA Certified Soccer Coaches, World Class Sailors, Pilots, and Musicians. But what brings us together every day is the love for our technology and the passion for our team’s success.
We offer a flexible, results focused work environment with generous compensation plans that include employee stock purchase program, retirement savings, and a healthy extended health plan.