Blast Radius is a global digital agency helping build our clients’ businesses by connecting brands and consumers in creative and innovative ways. We uncover the shared ideal that lies at the intersection of consumer passion and brand purpose and bring it to life in always-on brand experiences and integrated campaigns.
The successful candidate for the role of Senior Strategist is a seasoned communication and brand planner with fierce chops, a killer work ethic, boundless curiosity and a passion for all things digital. You have the skills and experience to effectively lay the strategic groundwork for unique, impactful solutions that meet the needs of global brands. You can digest and distill business needs, brand essence and actionable consumer insights and weave them together to define clear strategic recommendations.
Though you may have deep experience in one or two relevant areas—brand planning/strategy, platform and experience design, integrated campaign planning, mobile, social media, content, online media etc.—you are fundamentally a nimble and flexible marketing and digital generalist who can bring a holistic POV to bear on any account. And you’re also, crucially, a master of communication and persuasion—a gifted storyteller who can lead an audience from problem to solution with authority.
- Develop client relationships and influence stakeholders at multiple levels within the client organization
- Take ownership of specific projects, initiatives and deliverables with limited oversight
- Advise clients on various digital brand initiatives drawing on your online knowledge of strategy, marketing, branding and technology
- Develop campaign creative briefs and contribute to the process of generating creative concepts
- Provide leadership and guidance to clients and internal Blast Radius teams for increasingly complex client engagements through ongoing research, learning and knowledge of changing markets, emerging technologies, trends, social networks etc.
- Contribute to ongoing innovation with regard to the tools, processes and approaches used within the strategy practice
- Direct or conduct consumer research
- Drive or support strategy for new business pitches
- Mentor junior members of the strategy team
- Crank out killer powerpoint decks by the bucket load and have fun doing it
Required Skills and Experience:
- A Bachelor’s Degree Minimum of 5 years senior level strategy or planning experience, including developed capabilities in brand and communication strategy, practical experience in a digital marketing environment
- Well-developed communication skills including presentation and facilitation skills and the generation of presentation decks, frameworks, and reports
- Proven track record of working collaboratively with multi-disciplinary teams
- Able to effectively engage people and deliver impactful campaign recommendations based on customer research and understanding of client’s business
- Recognized both for execution as well as strategic thinking and able to make timely decisions in complex situations
- Demonstrated effectiveness as a leader
- Open to travel
- Ability to grasp the nuances of a clients’ business Ability to process various sources of research and translate into digital strategies that align with the client’s business goals
- Self-starter, demonstrating appropriate levels of assertiveness with a high-degree of self-confidence
- Strong verbal and written communicator
- Creative thinker who combines linear and non-linear approaches to problem solving
- Analytical and effective in a problem-solving environment
- Ability to influence people at multiple levels
- Demonstrates a continual desire and capability to extend knowledge