Senior Sales Manager (Business Development)
Direct Mail—Smartmail Marketing
Canada Post is innovating to meet our clients’ marketing challenges of today and tomorrow through solutions designed to help marketers connect more successfully with their customers. If you are passionate about helping customers elevate their brand and drive results, consider joining us as a Business Development Manager in Direct Marketing. This is a sales leadership role for someone who has proven success selling advertising media solutions, has a deep understanding of multi-channel marketing, including direct mail, and has a disciplined approach to business development.
Why it’s a Great Time to Join Canada Post:
- Smartmail Marketing is a 1.2 Billion Dollar Business for Canada Post—With Neuroscience research showing Direct Mail provides higher response rates than digital advertising, we are offering new and enhanced consumer and business solutions (SmartMail Marketing) that have a greater ability to get noticed and make an impact. Check out our SmartMail Marketing video: http://bit.ly/1LRqf1A
- Canada Post is Transforming—As we transition from traditional Lettermail, Canada Post is experiencing significant growth in other areas: we deliver nearly 2 out of 3 of all parcels for online shoppers in Canada. Direct Marketing is also poised for growth through thought leadership, innovation, education and an intelligent product offering.
Opportunities for Career Advancement—As one of Canada’s largest employers, we offer opportunities to develop and expand your career through training and development programs and by working closely with senior leaders and different areas of our business.
Apply if you have:
- A business or marketing degree or diploma
- over 5 years’ experience in a sales leadership role
- over 5 years’ experience in media sales advertising
You also have:
- a disciplined approach to business development
- proven media and advertising sales experience
- strengths in effectively influencing and negotiating with large companies
- knowledge of marketplace advertising trends
- experience working with a matrix organization and interacting with senior management, including C-level executives
- the ability to build and maintain strong working relationships with all levels ofmanagement and staff
- strong influencing, analytical, problem solving and consensus building skills
- superior verbal and written communication abilities
- the ability to coach to high results
- a proven independent working style and effective time-management skills that enable you to cope with constantly changing conditions and timelines
- the ability to travel extensively, including internationally.
Note: As part of the selection process, selected candidates will be required to complete a security screening process.
CAREERS THAT DELIVER
If you’re ready to make a difference and discover your full potential, Canada Post delivers a variety of exciting and challenging career opportunities across the country. As one of Canada’s largest employers, we’re committed to attracting, retaining and developing a winning team to meet the evolving needs of Canadians and secure our future.
Canada Post offers:
A total compensation package
- Competitive salary
- Annual incentive program
- Comprehensive individual and family benefits coverage
- Vacation and leave options
- Canada Post Registered Pension Plan
A strong community of employees
- Our employees drive innovation and ensure that our business continues to evolve to meet our customers' changing needs
The satisfaction of a job well done
- You'll be part of a winning team that touches the lives of millions