Move | Top Producer’s innovative and award-winning products have been serving the real estate market in North America for many years. By designing and developing the best suite of products on the market, Move | Top Producer is at the forefront of both the real estate and software development industries!
We are one of the largest software development companies in BC and we offer an exciting, challenging and fast-paced environment where talented professionals can prosper. If you have a resourceful "can-do" attitude and you'd like to join a successful and innovative high-tech company, we'd like to hear from you.
We are looking for a Senior Project Manager for our Top Producer line of business. You will work closely with the Top Producer business and engineering teams, driving projects that deliver future site features and improvements. In this role, you will be highly visible, and will directly impact Move’s success.
In addition to your role in the Top Producer business, you will become part of our expanding Program Management Office (PMO). Over the years, Move has grown both organically and by acquisition, and until recently, the business units have felt like separate companies. A new leadership team is in place that is integrating the units, defining a whole-company strategy, and aligning every activity to that strategy. The PMO, and your role, is critical to that success. Through your leadership, we will deliver results today, while building the foundation for a strong future tomorrow.
- Execute process, and avoid bureaucracy by modeling execution and project management skills throughout the company, while respecting the leadership position and success the company has enjoyed for the last decade. Through your good examples, you’ll improve the company’s execution skill.
- Partner with the Top Producer engineering teams to plan and execute multiple, successive and possibly concurrent projects that deliver the vision for the site.
- Work with demanding customers both inside and outside the company and help them to select and prioritize work.
- Work with the engineering managers and their teams to plan and execute the projects.
- See projects through to completion with quality the first time, and improve the group’s capability while executing.
- Balance fire-fighting with the discipline of long-term-focused improvement.
- Design capable, scalable processes to consistently deliver quality work on time.
- Verifiable experience running software development projects, preferably web or software-as-a-service projects. Experience with only IT or infrastructure projects is not sufficient to succeed in this position.
- Mastery of project management. You can do it, you can explain how you do it, and others can learn from your mastery. You make the complex seem simple.
- Mastery of the software development life cycle, with sufficient experience to balance purity and pragmatism, short- and long-term thinking.
- Bachelor of Science (Masters preferred), preferably in math, computer science, or engineering.
- Concise, impactful, credible and authentic writing and communication style. You make clear points without needless verbosity.
- Equally comfortable with customers and engineers; equally credible with individual contributors and executives.
- Adept at managing a portfolio of conflicting needs.
- Expertise in understanding business needs (including drawing out those unstated), and then meeting them with technology. The engineering teams welcome the contribution of their project manager when defining the best solution.
- Personal track record of process improvement / re-engineering.
- Able to lead through influence, rather than positional authority.
- Relentlessly high standards and self-discipline and ability to inspire passion in others.
- Able to deliver accomplishments, not just activity, while mastering a million details.
- Requires 10-20% travel to other Move locations in California.
Move | Top Producer’s total compensation package includes competitive salaries, a comprehensive benefits program, and an RRSP contribution-matching program. In addition we also offer a tuition reimbursement program to help support our employees in reaching their educational goals.
Our culture includes a professional yet casual environment in which fun also plays a major part. Many company-sponsored events are held throughout the year and we also feature two Games Rooms complete with big screen satellite TV, foosball tables, pool table and more.
We believe in our people and provide them with a work environment that encourages personal growth and advancement. We are an equal opportunity employer that promotes a balanced lifestyle, and supports diversity. Our team is composed of an exciting mix of people from various backgrounds, reflecting the company's commitment to creating one of the best working environments anywhere.