Why work at Bow Valley College? Mostly because we’re a great place to work. Don’t just take our word for it – we’ve been named one of Alberta's Top 70 Employers every year since 2015. We want to see our learners, and each other, succeed. Our employees consistently say that the people, the opportunity to make a difference in the lives of our students, and the incredible support they receive from their co-workers and supervisors keep them at the College.
Our talented, highly-skilled, and gregarious Marketing and Communications team is currently looking for a Senior Marketing Strategist to keep them in line. If you have a knack for developing key stragegies that help meet the College’s goals, we might like to meet you.
Reporting to our Director of Marketing and Communications, you would provide oversight to a team of experts in graphic design, copywriting and editing, digital and paid media, and events…and you’ll have spent the past decade cultivating knowledge surrounding that long list of remarkable skills.
So what do you think? Are you ready to develop strategic marketing and event initiatives at Bow Valley College?
Here’s how you can expect to spend your time:
- Work with all College departments to define goals for recruitment marketing initatives...then develop strategies to meet those goals and assess them to make sure they’re working.
- Define the scope, campaign budgets, timelines and deliverables for each project so they all fit within the overall department budget.
- Participate in market research efforts and provide strategic recommendations based on analysis and best practices.
- Collaborate with a remarkably diverse collection of people to make sure individual department goals align with the College’s overall goals and brand voice.
- Be the department lead on the project management process, working with the in-house creative team to come up with stellar messaging platforms.
- Work with internal and external vendors, including the sourcing and management of contractors.
- Represent the department at client meetings, and wow them with your firm grasp of relevant information and problem solving skills.
At minimum, you’ll need to have:
- Bachelor’s degree in Marketing or Business; or equivalent work experience in the field
- Minimum 7 years of related experience (10 years preferred) – preferably in an agency setting
- Exceptional service, communication, organizational, and time management skills
- Strong presentation skills, both one-on-one and in group settings
- Outstanding grasp of marketing, advertising, branding, and design
You’ll need to demonstrate you can:
- Manage and work effectively, positively, and enthusiastically with a wide variety of people with diverse skills
- Find your way around common computer applications and project management systems without getting hopelessly lost
If this sounds like you then dust off your resume, write a delightful cover letter, and apply today.