Cenovus Energy is a Canadian oil company. We are committed to applying fresh, progressive thinking to safely and responsibly unlock energy resources the world needs. Our operations include oil sands projects in northern Alberta, which use specialized methods to drill and pump the oil to the surface, and established natural gas and oil production in Alberta and Saskatchewan. We also have 50 percent ownership in two U.S. refineries.
About this opportunity:
The Crude Oil Marketing Team has an excellent opportunity for a highly motivated individual wishing to contribute to the development and execution of Cenovus’s crude oil sales and diluent supply strategies. The successful candidate will work in a result-oriented, dynamic team environment, negotiating commercial agreements and identifying and developing new opportunities and business relationships to support the company’s strategic objectives. The individual will also provide analytical and commercial support to the team.
The Senior Specialist will be a member of the Market Development team within Crude Oil Marketing and will work closely with Crude Oil Trading, Diluent Supply, Logistics and Transportation and Business Development teams.
Initially, a key focus area for the Senior Specialist will be the company’s diluent supply strategy, with emphasis on pipeline and storage infrastructure and suppliers in the U.S. Gulf Coast and other emerging basins in the United States.
- Supporting existing Cenovus business initiatives and position Cenovus for future growth opportunities by developing and recommending strategic initiatives
- Expanding Cenovus’s customer base in the U.S. Gulf Coast, negotiating deals, and executing on business plans
- Supporting development of strategic initiatives and business relationships in Asia
- Working closely with Fundamentals to gather market intelligence and analyzing impacts to Cenovus
- Providing regular updates and presentations to Marketing Management and Senior Management, as required, on crude oil and diluent market development activities
- Must be legally entitled to work in Canada
- Business and/or technical post-secondary degree and professional designation
- Approximately 10 to 15 years of commercial experience
- Must have knowledge of energy industry and pipeline infrastructure in North America, with focus on the U.S. Gulf Coast
- Ability to read and comprehend legal agreements in order to properly assert Cenovus’ rights and obligations under marketing contracts and to capture value creation opportunities
- Creative problem solver with strong interpersonal, communication, project management, leadership, negotiating, and business acumen skills
- Ability to work independently and effectively in an open office environment
- Ability to travel to the United States and possibly overseas
- Knowledge of refiners and diluent producers and suppliers in the USGC, including water-borne transportation, would be a definite asset
Business Unit/Group Description:
Refining, Marketing, Transportation & Development
Refining, Marketing, Transportation & Development is responsible for new market development, transportation arrangements, commodity fundamentals, hedging and downstream operations, including integration solutions, major projects, refinery optimization, performance management and long-term development.