The Senior Marketing Manager role is a unique opportunity to help expand one of Uber’s fastest growing markets. This is a critical role as it interfaces between business partners and users to cultivate the brand and build demand for the service. This role calls for a combination of strategic planning and analytics, business development, marketing, and leadership. This person should be comfortable in an "all hands on deck" environment, love solving people problems and be able to thrive in a startup culture.
We are moving a mile a minute to make sure that Uber users and partner drivers are able to experience the magic of Uber. The Senior Marketing Manager will implement and advise on strategic initiatives that span brand, content, product positioning, business development and account management. They’ll also be responsible for recruiting, training, and mentoring a team of marketing managers to grow the Calgary market.
WHAT YOU'LL DO:
- Business development. Source business partners. Pitch them on value proposition.
- Strategic planning. Develop marketing strategies; set and meet deadlines in a fast paced environment.
- Brand and content. Manage the voice & brand of Uber through email, blogs, and all social channels.
- Analysis. Utilize data-driven decision making to improve the performance of our marketing and business development efforts. Prioritize initiatives based on highest potential impact.
- Management and leadership. Lead a small team of Marketing Managers to execute on marketing and business development strategies.
- Playbooking. Document everything. The learnings from today will pave the way for growth in the Calgary market and other markets around the world.
WHAT YOU NEED TO KNOW/HAVE:
- 4+ years of marketing or business development experience, preferably in a deadline oriented environment
- Demonstrated success in negotiating, cultivating and growing partnerships across various levels and sectors
- Experience with product marketing concepts like product positioning, brand strategy and user research
- Experience making data-driven marketing and sales decisions using surveys, focus groups, A/B testing, and Google Analytics (or similar)
- Adaptable to change and ability to execute quickly
- People management experience a plus
YOU MUST BE:
- Graceful. You are self aware, well-spoken on the phone and eloquent in emails. You'll humbly be the voice of Uber.
- Word savvy. You have exceptional writing and editing skills and can craft everything from emails and blog posts to policies and summaries, easily adjusting your tone/voice accordingly.
- Creative. You’re always thinking of fresh ideas to generate signups and promote the brand.
- Naturally curious. You're innovative, extremely creative and constantly looking for ways to improve upon things.
- Personable. You know how to work a crowd and win over strangers. Awkward is not how your friends would describe you!
- Employees are showered with Uber credits each month.
- Ground floor opportunity with the team; shape the strategic direction of the company.
- The rare opportunity to change the world such that everyone around you is using the product you built. We’re not just another social web app, we’re moving real people and assets and reinventing transportation and logistics globally.
- Sharp, motivated co-workers in a fun office environment.
- Gym reimbursement, nine paid company holidays.
- Full medical/dental/vision package to fit your needs.
- Unlimited vacation policy; work hard and take time when you need it.