Senior Grahic Designer
Qtrade Financial Group provides comprehensive brokerage and wealth management platforms, services and solutions to the retail public as well as the customers of hundreds of financial institutions across Canada. Since 1999, Qtrade has been dedicated to providing its financial institution partners with a single source for market-leading wealth management products and services including: online, full-service and institutional brokerage services, mutual fund dealer services, insurance dealer services, portfolio management, discretionary money management services and proprietary managed money solutions. Our goal is to be a leading provider of wealth management solutions to enable our stakeholders to achieve their financial goals.
We currently administer over $9 billion of investment assets through our subsidiaries and have been consistently ranked Canada's best online broker by both The Globe and Mail and Morningstar.
As a member of our in-house creative team, the Senior Designer plays a key role that is responsible for designing and producing traditional marketing materials, campaign creative, as well as, digital assets to build and support Qtrade's brand. This position requires the ability to understand the needs of both the business and clients to produce highly creative assets to support various marketing objectives.
The Senior Designer works both independently and collaboratively to see all projects through from concept to completion. The Senior Designer continually collaborates with, and supports, members of the Qtrade marketing and design team, as well as, other divisions within the company. This position reports to the VP, Marketing and Communications.
The successful candidate will have a track record of drive, initiative and ability to execute in a high volume work environment.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Contribute to and interpret creative/marketing briefs to develop creative solutions that meet business and communication objectives while maintaining the integrity of the Qtrade brand.
- Work with projects from start to finish, including collaborative strategic brainstorming through creative execution and final production.
- Design marketing assets across multiple media formats and complexity. This includes print collateral and campaign assets, as well as digital assets such as banners, landing pages and email templates.
- Collaborate effectively with copywriters and project managers to develop and deliver campaign assets.
- Review, improve and refresh existing designs for print collateral.
- Effectively communicate creative solutions to team members and incorporate feedback from a variety of stakeholders.
- Prepare files in accordance with print production requirements.
- Independently manage daily/weekly schedule and prioritize workflow to accommodate needs and deadlines as required. Execute efficiently within tight project schedules and deadlines.
“Must Have” Skills:
- Minimum of 7 years work related design experience (may be a mix of agency, corporate or freelance work).
- A portfolio of print design and web-based work that demonstrates the development creative solutions to address specific business goals.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills in a highly collaborative team.
- Strong time and project management skills. Willingness to multi-task and be flexible to take on varied responsibilities.
- Demonstrated knowledge of design fundamentals and highly proficient in high quality graphic design, production, practice and techniques.
- Demonstrated advanced-level proficiency with Adobe Creative Suite - including InDesign, Photoshop, Illustrator, DreamWeaver and Flash - including advanced image creation, editing, manipulation, and optimization techniques.
- Advanced-level knowledge of pre-press and preparing files for print.
- Cultural fit in a lean, entrepreneurial corporate culture.
- Willing to adapt and manage both positive and negative feedback from multiple stakeholders.
- Understanding of web design best practices.
- Experience with the MS Office suite. Previous experience developing MS Office templates would be an asset (e.g. PowerPoint).
- Keenly interested in learning new skills and technologies.
- Comfortable in an open space office environment.
- Comfortable in a PC environment.
“Nice to Have” Skills:
- Experience working in a corporate environment and/or the financial industry would be an asset.
- Experience in photography and/or video would be an asset.
- Ability to read and write in French would be an asset.
Formal education (minimum 2 years at college or university level) in new media or traditional design.
What Qtrade Offers:
- Competitive compensation
- Group benfits
- Group RRSP
- Challenging and progressive work environment
- Active social committee events
Location: Qtrade Financial Group is located at Bentall One at the corner of Burrard and Pender (one block away from the Burrard SkyTrain station).