Magnotta currently seeks a talented and creative Senior Graphic Designer to join our marketing department at our Vaughan, Ontario location. The Graphic Designer will be responsible for conceptualizing and designing all packaging components, advertising campaigns and marketing collateral materials for various company platforms.
The successful candidate will be responsible for:
- Interpreting project briefings and developing concepts to final artwork including file prep.
- Updating art files for all current packaging components.
- Designing packaging components for new products/brands under development.
- Designing flyers, ads, brochures, signage and materials for special events.
- Designing monthly projects such as customer newsletters, web banners, e-blasts and in-store posters.
- Working with dielines provided by packaging and advertising suppliers and creating custom dielines and print specs as required.
- Recommending/selecting papers, inks, foils, etc. for print projects.
- Collecting and sending design files to print suppliers, inspecting all proofs for accuracy and quality control and revising files as required.
- Re-touching custom images and sourcing stock photography.
- Diploma/degree in graphic design; RGD designation strongly preferred.
- Minimum 7 years experience in graphic design, preferably in retail industry.
- Strong packaging design experience.
- Solid design and conceptual skills.
- Mastery of Quark Xpress, Adobe Illustrator, Photoshop, InDesign and Acrobat.
- Excellent rendering skills for proposing design concepts.
- Highly organized, detail oriented and deadline driven.
- Ability to multi-task and manage time effectively.
- Effective written and communication skills.
- Knowledge of printing processes.
- Strong proofing abilities.