As a member of the Marketing and Communications design team, the Senior Graphic Design Specialist is responsible for providing print and digital graphic design services, consultation and guidance on a variety of key print and digital promotional materials that enhance NAIT's visual identity in a variety of media and publications.
Collaboration is required with the entire Marketing and Communications department, senior members of NAIT's management and Executive teams, and many other internal and external stakeholders. In addition, Identifying new software applications and supporting designers in building capacity. In addition, a key element of this role is to learn and use new technology and provide mentorship, guidance and support to other designers on the team. This position reports to the Design Team Lead in our Graphic Design Group.
- Manage visual identities and graphic standards that support strategic marketing and communications plans.
- Guide and Instruct junior designers to establish a culture of accountability that focuses on driving results for the business through exceptional creative and content.
- Develop and demonstrate an expert level of knowledge in design process and best practices, and assist the Design Team Lead with training and workload management as needed.
- Consult and liaise with colleagues, staff and advising clients on various projects to meet their communication needs
- Maintaining excellent rapport with external printers and other suppliers to outline job specifications, get quotes and oversee projects to completion.
- Post-secondary diploma or degree in a discipline related to graphic design, supplemented by several years of directly related experience.
- Print, digital and on-line design experience on a Mac platform, with expertise in relevant computer programs including InDesign, PhotoShop and the rest of the Adobe Creative Suite.
- Excellent time management, organizational and project management skills are essential.
Remuneration: salary will be commensurate with education and experience.