Global Relay is the leading provider of cloud-based electronic message archiving, supervision, and eDiscovery solutions for the global financial sector, delivering services to 20,000 customers in 90 countries, including 22 of the world’s top 25 banks. Global Relay Archive securely captures and preserves email, instant messaging, mobile messaging, Bloomberg®, Thomson Reuters, Twitter, LinkedIn, Facebook and more — with Blackberry, iPhone, iPad, Android, Outlook and Web access.
Global Relay is headquartered in Vancouver's Gastown, with offices in New York, Chicago, Raleigh, Halifax, London, and Singapore. We strive to be a top employer and have been recognized with numerous awards, including Canada’s 50 Best Small and Medium Employers (2014-2015), Canada’s Top Employers for Young People (2014), Ingenious Award (2014), Top 10 Best Companies to Work for in BC (2011-2012), Canada’s Top 10 Most Admired Corporate Cultures (2013), Canada’s Best Managed Companies (2013-2014), and Deloitte's list of the 50 fastest-growing companies in Canada (2011-2014).
With over 370 employees, Global Relay is growing rapidly and looking for new talent. Global Relay provides fantastic opportunities to individuals with passion in business and technology. For those with international business aspirations, Global Relay offers invaluable exposure to doing business with some of the most influential companies in the world. Global Relay is also ideal for people who want to create innovative technologies using massively scalable "big data" architecture and a strong focus on mobile.
Global Relay is 100% privately held and employee controlled. We develop, own and operate every aspect of our services, with no reliance on outsourcing or third-party subcontractors. We are not venture capital dependent, making us a truly Canadian organization.
Apply today – we have five floors of great open space offices with a fast-paced vibe, lots of amenities, a roof top deck & BBQ, and an in-house chef, all located in the heart of Gastown near Waterfront Station.
Technologies that we work with on a daily basis include:
- NoSQL DBs (Cassandra, MongoDB, HBase)
- In Memory Data Grids (Terracotta, ZooKeeper)
- Serialization libraries (Thrift, Protocol Buffers)
- Large scale data processing (Hadoop)
- Dependency injection frameworks (Guice, Spring)
- CQRS frameworks (Axon)
- Text search engines (Lucene, ElasticSearch)
- Write unit and integration tests for your code
- Design, in collaboration with team, the software implementations that satisfy business requirements
- Design, in collaboration with the architecture team, the system architectures that satisfy business requirements
- Collaborate with QA in development of test cases for code
- Document code and document detail designs
- Collaborate with product owners on user story generation and refinement
- Monitor and support operation of production systems
- Participate in knowledge sharing activities with colleagues
- Plan and organize the team’s tasks and provide oversight for intermediate and junior developers
- Mentor junior developers
Technical Skills Requirements:
- Experience with CSS/SCSS
- Experience with agile development methodologies
- Experience with test driven development
- Experience with continuous integration systems
- Experience with dependency injection containers
- Experience with network protocols such as HTTP, TLS, TCP
- Experience with service oriented architecture including REST, JSON and/or Thrift
- Experience with multi-threaded programming
- Experience with design patterns such as MVC
- Prefer experience with: Sencha Ext JS, nginx, jasmine, jetty, QT and PostgreSQL