Senior Manager , Digital Strategy and Innovation
Position Type: Regular
Position Status: Full Time
: Canada-Ontario-Toronto-40 Dundas Street West 4th Floor
: Nov 26, 2014, 8:59:00 PM
Senior Manager, Digital Strategy and Innovation
eChannels – Strategy & Planning
Retail and Business Banking provides a full range of financial products and services to almost 11 million personal, business and wealth clients, as well as investment management services globally to retail and institutional clients. With approximately 28,000 employees, CIBC Retail and Business Banking has a broad distribution network serving clients through more than 1,000 branches, as well as CIBC Wood Gundy offices and President’s Choice Financial in-store pavilions. Clients also have 24/7 access to telephone banking, online and mobile banking and online brokerage, as well as to Canada’s second largest ABM network.
1. Proactively manage the strategy by assessing and communicating business impacts and implications to the Digital Strategy Roadmap.
- Proactive and ongoing monitoring, research, and assessments on digital in the financial services industry
- and size opportunities in conjunction with business partners
- Seek out best practices, assess global news, trends, competitor and consumer user trends, and educate key stakeholders on the threats and opportunities
- Participate or assist in leading brainstorming, idea review and working sessions
- Conduct research, data analysis, summarize, analyze, and work session facilitation
- Identification and measurement of relevant operational, financial and customer metrics based on key business levers
- Champion digital channel idea generation with business and delivery partners through formal and informal methods
- Assist in developing a framework to monitor, forecast and prioritize the overall work/portfolio of projects for Digital Channels
2. Build and maintain relationships across the enterprise, and liaise with marketing, product groups, segment groups, and channel groups:
- Manage internal and external relationships by working closely with business partners to fully develop, quantify, and market digital strategies that will meet the business needs and drive customer satisfaction, loyalty,
- Provide analysis, interpretation, and opinion to support and guide business partners, executive management and client groups, ensuring an understanding and acceptance of issues and be able to effectively influence decision making.
3. Support the Director, Digital Strategy and Innovation in shaping/influencing business strategies and strategic planning
- Produce strategy documents and presentations for consultation and review with partners and stakeholders across the bank
- Act as CIBC's representative in external forums to provide value added consulting to business partners on an ongoing basis
- Manage relationships with third parties (including vendors, customers, distribution partners and service providers) to acquire timely delivery and support of services to meet the needs of CIBC, where applicable
4. Contributing to Business Case Development
- Work with the Director to develop business case proposals to approve, recommend, or reject initiatives in the context of strategic priorities and ROI
- Regular contact with Digital Channels Delivery team
- Regular contact with Digital Channels Online Sales team and Analytics
- LOB and Segment partners, Channel partners, Fulfillment partners
- University degree in business, science, engineering and/or marketing
- At least 2-3 years of strategy experience, preferably in a consulting or agency environment
- Passionate about all things digital!
- Extensive experience with social platforms (Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, LinkedIN, Pintrest, etc.)
- Tactical understanding of the digital advertising ecosystem
- Adwords certified is a bonus
- Competitive analysis, Business Case Development, Executive Presentations
- Quantitative Analysis; data mining, reporting and optimization
- Providing Strategic Visioning and Road-mapping
- Product vision, definition and rollout strategies
- Provide market and industry research
- Experience developing the following: analytical, problem solving, negotiating, influencing, facilitation, organizational, prioritization, decision making, and conflict resolution skills.
- Knowledge of new media and related technologies
- Demonstrated ability to act in a leadership role and interact with senior-level management
- Solid understanding of business and organizational models including; financial models, value chain, operations, product and service portfolios, marketing and communications, branding and organizational structure
- Ability to translate technical business concepts into non-technical language for explanation to senior executives
- Excellent written and verbal skills required
- Proficiency in Excel and PowerPoint required -must know how to create PowerPoint presentations and use pivot tables.
- Strong communication skills and a positive, team-player, attitude