Why work at Bow Valley College? Mostly because we’re a great place to work. Don’t just take our word for it – we’ve been named one of Alberta's Top 70 Employers every year since 2015. We want to see our learners, and each other, succeed. Our employees consistently say that the people, the opportunity to make a difference in the lives of our students, and the incredible support they receive from their co-workers and supervisors keep them at the College.
Our talented, highly-skilled, and gregarious Marketing and Communications team is currently looking for a Senior Digital Content Specialist. If you have a knack for developing key content marketing strategies that help meet the College’s goals, we might like to meet you.
Reporting to our Director of Marketing and Communications, you would provide oversight to the Digital Content team that includes a Visual storyteller (our Videographer/Photographer) and our Content Writer who is charged with the written story. The Senior Digital Content Specialist is a strategic communicator and creative problem-solver who provides leadership as the Managing Editor of the College’s Newsroom, a working editorial board with representation from across all departments. But you will need to be creative as you will be working alongside our highly talented internal Creative Services team in executing digital marketing strategies to meet the College’s goals.
So what do you think? Are you ready to develop strategic digital content strategies at Bow Valley College?
Here’s how you can expect to spend your time:
Provide oversight and supervision of the digital content team and ensure the College's brand identity is adhered to on all digital properties.
- You will serve as the department’s digital marketer and primary CMS administrator for the main College website, accountable for CMS training.
- Work collaboratively with the Senior Marketing Strategist and Creative Team Services in the development and execution of digital marketing campaigns
- Manage overall content opportunities, prioritize and approve story ideas for the Newsroom’s editorial calendar.
- Chair monthly Editorial Board meetings comprised of members from across the College in order to drive content marketing opportunities.
- Work to continuously improve initiatives by capturing and analyzing the appropriate data/metrics, insights, and best practices and the acting on the information.
- Provide direction to the videographer/photographer to develop scripts to capture complementary media for applicable stories and key institutional initiatives.
- Work with ITS and third-party vendors on technical issues related to website maintenance and CMS updates
At minimum, you’ll need to have::
- Diploma in journalism, digital publishing or a related field
- Minimum of 5 years of web content management experience
- Strong portfolio of writing and editing content for the web
- Minimum 3 years supervisory experience
- An equivalent combination of directly related education and experience may be considered
You’ll need to demonstrate that:
An understanding of how all relevant software tools (e.g. Adobe Creative Suite) are used to create compelling content marketing communications including video production (either in-house with Final Cut Pro/iMovie/Premiere or with external suppliers acting as College Producer), online and social media (Twitter, Facebook, Mailchimp, Eventbrite, Wufoo, etc.), as well as photography, and audio production. Other things you can share with us:
- Manage and work effectively, positively, and enthusiastically with a wide variety of people with diverse skills
- Demonstrated ability to receive and give direction to fruitful ends
- A strong portfolio of writing and editing content for the web
- A strong commitment to research and desire to stay current in field
If this sounds like you, then dust off your resume, write an impactful cover letter and apply today